Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

ToLiss A319 Released

Just a heads up for the Airbus fans among us that there is a new kid on the block, the ToLiss A319.

http://store.x-plane.org/ToLiss-319_p_762.html

At first look it doesn't seem as detailed as the FF A320 but as I don't own it I can't comment apart from the description and trailer. I must say thought that it is a little worrying that our beloved add-ons are getting more and more expensive of late.

I wonder if this is really worth 70 USD. I know there are arguments on both sides but I personally find with these pricey that unless you know the indepth systems of these planes and/or want to know them, then they are hard to justify the full price to ones self, which of late is more than nearly all AAA titles (yes, I know these are often one man teams etc who have got to earn a living but still). I think this is becoming an issue with flight simming nowadays that you have some simmers like me who love the graphical fidelity and are keen to understand the basics of flying each aircraft but don't have the time to learn about the likes of circuit breakers etc. and therefore do not purchase such expensive add-ons. You might say so what to do this and you have every right to, but I think its a shame to price so many out of the hobby who otherwise might get involved and help the various platforms evolve through sheer numbers. Maybe they should release pro versions and consumer versions or something if they want to go so indepth. Some might have a go at the Aersoft airbus but at least it was more affordable.

• Upvote 2

I bought both (FF and Toliss), but a comparison will have to wait until I find some time for flying. I hope it performs better than the FF, which has a hard time maintaining 30fps on my system.

I think I may pass on ToLiss for the price, 10 more bucks and I can get the FF Airbus, however let's see what is JAR doing to his A320, they are working silently in a big update and perhaps may be a discount for current customers in XP11.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Colka

No shortage of Buses in XP11, which is a good thing.

I just bought the ToLiss A319 and will be trying it out a little tonight.

Its release being right after the FlightFactor A320 will be a very hard act to follow. I also have the FF A320 and I'm excited about having so many good Buses to fly.  Anyway The ToLiss version is an A319 rather than an A320 and should feel a little different if the flight modeling is accurate.