Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

Flaps problem

Did you speak "Flight Controls Check Completed" during After Start?

That's the trigger for the FO to finish his after start flow, which involves him positioning the flaps for takeoff.

Sorry for wanting to confirm this... because the only way for the Flaps not to work is if the signal is being overriden by a user's joystick/hardware setting.

1 hour ago, byork said:

That's the trigger for the FO to finish his after start flow, which involves him positioning the flaps for takeoff.

Sorry for wanting to confirm this... because the only way for the Flaps not to work is if the signal is being overriden by a user's joystick/hardware setting.

I'm sure I did, however, I'll re-run it in just a minute and make sure. But would that affect his extending them when asked on the approach phase? I can say "flaps 15" when in the approach phase and it display in the green bar and him say: "speed check" and then not moving the lever.

Update: Yes, I went thru the entire checklist and did the controls check and said: "Flight controls check completed." He did not set the flaps and when he got to the "FLAPS SLATS" item on his check list he said: "Flaps/Slats?" and I didn't reply because they weren't set and he just eventually said: "Set. After start checklist completed"

Edited by mlovetto

1 hour ago, byork said:

I have gone thru my bindings about 25 times. There is NOTHING bound to flaps on any controller in P3D or FSUIPC. 

2 hours ago, mlovetto said:

I have gone thru my bindings about 25 times. There is NOTHING bound to flaps on any controller in P3D or FSUIPC. 

Hmmm, send me a support ticket via: www.fs2crew.com

I'll try to help you via a Remote Desktop.

And just to be certain...

You're using FS2Crew Maddog Reboot with the new Maddog X from Leonardo.

You're not trying to use FS2Crew Maddog Reboot with the "old" Maddog.

That won't work.  Maddog X uses a different internal flap control system than the old Maddog.

Bryan,

This flaps situation is just too complex with too many prerequisites, triggers, and conditions.  Please give the PIC total control over the flaps and slats in all phases of flight.  If I give a flaps command at any time from pre-taxi to short final the PNF should immediately set the flaps accordingly if within the extension/retraction limit.  

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

I concur. That is why I am "Pilot in command"  and the FO isn't just sitting there with his arms folded!

11 hours ago, byork said:

And just to be certain...

You're using FS2Crew Maddog Reboot with the new Maddog X from Leonardo.

You're not trying to use FS2Crew Maddog Reboot with the "old" Maddog.

That won't work.  Maddog X uses a different internal flap control system than the old Maddog.

Yes. I'm using The Maddog X.

Yeah.... I kind of thought that's how it worked... maybe there should be a trigger for him to set t/o flaps... which he doesn't do for me anyway, but I should be able to say "flaps 15" regardless of the phase of flight and as long as the aircraft is within limits he should put the flaps down. That goes for the gear too.

Well, there's a reason we limit it.  We don't want the gear or flaps coming down in cruise by accident.

If you follow the flow of the manual, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Mlovetto... please re-install the aircraft.  Ensure you have the latest version.

Also, ensure your anti-virus is excluding the FS folder... who knows, maybe it's blocking something.

And please send me a support ticket.

I need to see your flap issue with my own eyes via a remote desktop.

We have a a large user base for the Maddog and no one else seems to be having problems with the flaps not moving, so I'll need to see your setup first hand.

Cheers,

Bryan.

Sorry, but I am very passionate about this issue.  One question,  Does the real aircraft have anything other than the mechanical detents on the flap lever to prevent you from doing anything you want with the flaps?  If I want to be asking the computer for permission to do something I have an Airbus and a FA18 for that. The DC9/MD series is not of that genre. Please, please, at least give us the option to turn off the FS2Crew imposed artificial constraints on the pilot that are not found in the real A/C.

Thanks

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

19 hours ago, byork said:

Well, there's a reason we limit it.  We don't want the gear or flaps coming down in cruise by accident.

If you follow the flow of the manual, it really shouldn't be an issue.

Mlovetto... please re-install the aircraft.  Ensure you have the latest version.

Also, ensure your anti-virus is excluding the FS folder... who knows, maybe it's blocking something.

And please send me a support ticket.

I need to see your flap issue with my own eyes via a remote desktop.

We have a a large user base for the Maddog and no one else seems to be having problems with the flaps not moving, so I'll need to see your setup first hand.

Cheers,

If the FO can recognize that a speed limit has been exceeded and says: “we need to slow down first” before the flaps or gear is extended; how would they be deployed in cruise? 

Anyway, as far as doing the remote session it would have to be set up in advance because my job keeps me pretty busy. I may just ask for a refund since it isn’t working properly for me. I’ll continue to look for things when I get a chance but I’ve never had this problem before with FS2crew products. Oh well. 

6 hours ago, mlovetto said:

I’ll continue to look for things when I get a chance but I’ve never had this problem before with FS2crew products. Oh well. 

Each FS2Crew is different, because each host plane is different.  That's why we have to do separate versions of FS2Crew for each plane.

Send me a support ticket and we'll help you out.