Sign in to follow this  
gypsyczar

Flaps problem

On 3/5/2018 at 7:51 AM, gypsyczar said:

Bryan,

This flaps situation is just too complex with too many prerequisites, triggers, and conditions.  Please give the PIC total control over the flaps and slats in all phases of flight.  If I give a flaps command at any time from pre-taxi to short final the PNF should immediately set the flaps accordingly if within the extension/retraction limit.  

Agreed

Matt Wilson

no issues here  with the  flaps  ta  all  using  fsx  though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 3/8/2018 at 3:56 PM, pete_auau said:

no issues here  with the  flaps  ta  all  using  fsx  though

I asked the Maddog dev if he had any ideas about our user who has a flap problem.

His answer was this:

"indeed if they have it [the flaps] assigned to a joystick axes they need to be sure that the axes is not sending spurious signals.

be sure also that they still have hydraulic power"

On 3/9/2018 at 4:24 AM, byork said:

I asked the Maddog dev if he had any ideas about our user who has a flap problem.

His answer was this:

"indeed if they have it [the flaps] assigned to a joystick axes they need to be sure that the axes is not sending spurious signals.

be sure also that they still have hydraulic power"

There is hydraulic power. The flaps work, I just have to control them. The F/O will only say the responses, he won't actuate them. I have checked and checked; nothing is assigned to my flaps control through my controller. I will send a ticket for a remote session when I have time to do said session. I fly pretty much 7 days a week so I'm not at my PC as often.

I

On 3/9/2018 at 4:24 AM, byork said:

I actually cannot get the FO to work the flaps either.  I can however, move them without issue using my Throttle Quad lever assigned to flaps. This is the same way I have every other FS2Crew aircraft configured.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Once again,  Please remove any logic inhibiting the use of flaps.  The DC9 era aircraft had no other system other than the PNF politely letting you know or slapping your hand if you were going to do something exceedingly stupid with the flaps.  Or, how about the BAW 777 at EGLL where the captain raised the flaps on short final  to make the overrun after the double flameout?  Why would Fs2Crew implement something not present in the real A/C?

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

We add conditions to many of the commands due to the nature of speech recognition.

There's a chance you could, for example, mumble something, and the speech system somehow interprets that as "Flaps Up", and next think you know the FO is retracting the flaps on the takeoff roll.

We've been doing this for a very long time... our system works.

Cheers,

On 3/11/2018 at 8:56 PM, byork said:

Did you send the support ticket?  I haven't received anything.

No. I haven't sent you a ticket yet. I've been flying 7 days a week and have been getting home late. So, I don't currently have time to do a remote session with you.

On 3/26/2018 at 10:50 AM, mlovetto said:

No. I haven't sent you a ticket yet. I've been flying 7 days a week and have been getting home late. So, I don't currently have time to do a remote session with you.

As a test try disconnecting your joystick from your computer.  See if the flaps move then.

On 04/03/2018 at 1:10 PM, mlovetto said:

flap bindings in the sim are deleted and those controllers are disabled. I'm using FSUIPC and I removed flap bindings there as well. 

Hi. I've got the exact same problem. I am also using FSUIPC and have deleted flap bindings. The voice control is detecting my flap commands (shown in green), but the copilot won't set the flaps or retract them after takeoff.

It's strange, as when I first installed FS2Crew for the Maddog the flap commands worked, but not now. I can't figure out why. 

20 minutes ago, randomravings said:

Hi. I've got the exact same problem. I am also using FSUIPC and have deleted flap bindings. The voice control is detecting my flap commands (shown in green), but the copilot won't set the flaps or retract them after takeoff.

It's strange, as when I first installed FS2Crew for the Maddog the flap commands worked, but not now. I can't figure out why. 

To isolate, try again, but disconnect your joystick for a test.

The only thing that can explain this is noise or something being transmitted from your joystick that is overriding the signal sent by FS2Crew to move the flaps.

I did a remote desktop with a user who had the Flap problems.

Turns out our friend, LINDA, blocks our signal to move the flaps.

So if you're running LINDA, disable it if you want the FS2Crew FO to move the flaps.

Or just move the flaps yourself.

Cheers,