Sign in to follow this  
Fabrice

P2A stopped after asking for taxi clearance

Hi Dave,

I recently bought the Aerosoft Frankfurt EDDF and did my first flights. All went well during LSGG-EDDF, but on the return flight, P2A stopped responding when I asked for taxi clearance.

I was ablke to ask for IFR and pushback clearance, but after asking for taxi clearance, nothing happend. I could ask whatever I wanted, P2A just stayed unresponsive. The PTT key was working (it became green), but I did not have the "ding" saying that a command was recognized. I continued my flight anyway, but at no time P2A came alive again.

I tried a second time and had exactly the same behaviour. I don't know if this is a bug or a problem with the taxi maintenenance. Let me know should you need anything else.

I'm using 2.4.0.6_x64_b. I have sent you the log of my second flight by email.

Thanks,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Fabrice,

Thanks for the report and the log.  There is an error in the log file.  I'll chase it down.

Thanks again,

Dave

I am sort of having the same issue,  However it seems more to be on a frequency change. Works Flawlessly all the way to when I am told to contact tower for departure.  When I change frequency P2A Stops responding and stays unresponsive. The log file shows no errors  except it not being able to understand my scottish accent more training required. 

I have 6 days left of my trial and willing to purchase if this can be resolved.

Cheers

Lee

Lee Waterall 

Scotland

Lee,

Still working to resolve this.  Unfortunately it is only affecting a few users and I am unable to reproduce the error so far.

As soon as I get a fix, I'll post it to the web site as a HOT FIX.

Thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the update.. I'm going to further test a few ideas I have..

Currently I change the frequency using hardware (saitek panels) which are controlled by spad.next

I haven't tested if I just change them in the cockpit,. Or without spad.next running.

I also have a plugin running by haversine for the airefb, airtrack and airfmc which connect to my iPad again these have radio controls so might be worth while me disabling those too.

Another thing I perhaps do differently is I run p2a on a second desktop (windows 10) by pressing ctrl + win+ d

To get another desktop then I use ctrl+win+ right arrow to switch to the p2atc desktop and ctrl+win+left arrow to switch back to xplane 

I will report back if any of my testing does anything or solves anything

I love the software though 

Lee Waterall 

Scotland

On 3-3-2018 at 4:32 PM, Mightyseaking said:

I am sort of having the same issue,  However it seems more to be on a frequency change. Works Flawlessly all the way to when I am told to contact tower for departure.  When I change frequency P2A Stops responding and stays unresponsive. The log file shows no errors  except it not being able to understand my scottish accent more training required. 

I have 6 days left of my trial and willing to purchase if this can be resolved.

Cheers

Lee

I Have the same issue, except for the Scottish accent...

The program is useless this way

Edited by Ed van de Vijver
adding tekst

Just uploaded the HOT FIX 2.4.0.6-c that should fix  this bug.

Took a lot longer to find than I had hoped for, but pretty sure it's fixed now.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave

Hello Dave,

A long flight today, from Paris Charles de Gaule to San Francisco with the PMDG 747-400 and the latest Pilot2ATC HOT FIX 2.4.06-c and no problem with the ATC during all the flight :laugh:

Good job Sir ... well done and many thanks for your great support.

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

Hi Dave,

I tried the latest version but was not able to go until taxi. Actually, as soon as P2A connects to x-plane, I have the "ding" indicating that it is connected and get the three text lines (Simulator connected, Recognition Engine Installed and Grammars loaded). The com frequencies are displayed and set to the airport ATIS (for the active) and GND (for the STDBY), but I cannot hear the atis message. I also cannot change the selected frequency. If I try, I get the "ding", but the frequencies do not swap (either from the main screen or from the COM popup windows) and the Standby frequency is set to 133.00 (it was the correct ground frequency before), The active frequency stays on the ATIS. If I try to give a voice command, I get the "ding" as if it was recognized, but does not trigger anything (no text displayed in the main window). I guess this is because I'm on the ATIS frequency (or not...).

I tried from two different airports (LSGG and EDDF) and it is the same. I actually experienced the same a couple of times with the previous version, but restarting P2A resolved the issue. It is now systematic.

I sent you a log file, let me know should you need anything else.

Thanks,

Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

For people having similar issues, here is an update:

- the issue with the frequencies I reported on the post just above is related to the FF A320U. Actually, even if I have the "Ignore Power and Avionics" on, the issue is happening if I connect P2A to x-plane before powering up the plane (just connecting the external power before connecting the sim is ok).

- The issue with EDDF (original post) was due to some errors in the taxi maintenance after I imported the data from the Aerosoft EDDF scenery.

I would like one more time to thank Dave for his exceptional personalized support. Thanks Dave!

Fabrice

Edited by Fabrice

Fabrice Lambert

Hi guys. Reading further into the bug forum I see that this is exactly the same bug I just ran in into. Unfortunately I am using 2.5.0.1 x64 so the bug is either not fixed as assumed or has reoccurred. I've made a separate post in the main forum but now realize it should have been here. 

David,

Unfortunately there are several issues combined in this thread.

If you could send me the log file for the flight where you're having problems and describe the problem you're having, I'll have a look.

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name. Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Please send it to me at admin@pilot2atc.com

Thanks,

Dave