Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

PFPX vs Maddog Planner

I tried to use PFPX, correctly (I think) setting up the aircraft as an MD-82.  I got some really odd fuel results with PFPX showing requirement of 33,000 lbs but the Maddog planner was more like 14,000 lbs.

Anyone else using PFPX and have you been able to get the numbers to be similar to the planner and if so how have you done it ?

Is there a typical load that you can share for say a full aircraft (number of pax plus cargo). and 75% full ?  I seem to be loading with very few pax when I am sure they are filling these planes with 125 pax on a regular basis.

thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Yeah, something very wrong with the PFPX planner.

I checked the aircraft.....correct engines, weights and limits.

Same ZFW for a flight, same cargo, same weather, same everything as the MaddogX planner and it gives fuel to load of 24,860 lbs.  The Maddog planner gives 15220 and keeps the aircraft from being overweight.  Anyone have the proper fuel bias or whatever adjustment is needed so these match up?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark, I'm not seeing a big difference between PFPX and the MD-82 planner on my end.
I've got something around 200kg (440lbs) more on PFPX, pretty acceptable if you ask me.
Are you matching all the information you've got from PFPX (wind, speed, cruise FL, contingency, reserve, taxi, etc)?

Edited by MauB

Mauricio Brentano

Adding to MauB's reply, are you also ensuring the routes you are using are the same including alternates? Also check you are entering the same fuel figures on taxi, reserves, extra etc...

I use PFPX and also cant say I have noticed a difference beyond 200kgs

Sounds like you have a pounds and kilogram issue.  Are you sure you don't have LBS set to KG or vice versa?

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

No issues with pfpx here. Honestly, the fuel planning has been quite good. 

I land with the planned landing fuel +-200 lbs.

When planning the flight, I put in the number of passengers I want (not to exceed the limits set within the maddog planner.) Then, I add any amount of cargo I want....once again, making sure I stay within the limits of whatever the maddog planner has. 

What ever the fuel load thst pfpx says to use....

I put into the block fuel for the maddog planner and then pres the transfer quantity button.....that way i know how to distribute fuel in the sim during refueling. 

It all works quite well.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Mmmmm.... did you download the new FlyPrecisely profile?

I also get very reasonable discrepancies, mainly due to the limited speed/wind info in the LM plan.

Michele Galmozzi

devteam.gif

No I have not downloaded any profile.  I just ran it again with a different flight and now I am getting numbers that match very closely.  the trip fuel is very close and other difference is just the final reserve and contingency values.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

6 hours ago, Meekg said:

Try out the FlyPrecisely profile. It does support Cost Index for the Maddog X.

That link is dead

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Can confirm same experience for me and it seems as if the fuel figures are roughly twice what I would expect which leads me to wonder about the Kgs or Lbs question. I usually use KGs excusively. The fly precisely profile seems bang on the money though on initial inspection.