Sign in to follow this  
sotiris

Static AI aircraft in FSX ?

Trying to set FSX up regarding AI traffic aircraft, I noticed that in FSX (unlike FS9) the static aircraft in an airport do not show up. In FS9 I used to make a traffic_bgl file containing a simple flightplan, to make an aircraft showing as static at an airport. I wonder whether there is a different treatment of such a case in FSX. Has anybody come across at something like that and had any idea of how to solve it ?

I have already changed the airport parking positions radius to FSX standards.

Sotiris Stavrakis

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Those two links refer to static models added to an airport scenery. However, this is not the case. I am talking about AI traffic planes that are inserted in a flightplan-airports-aircraft.txt and compiled with TTools, in order to show at an airport parking spot, as if they were a static model.

Taking this into account, it seems weird why they are not show anywhere in the airport. In FS9 sometimes they appeared in different parking spots, but in no way they were disappeared like in FSX. Note that all the rest of the inbound and outbound AI traffic are shown properly. Could it be a radius/wing_span issue ?

Sotiris Stavrakis

Note sure if you've already read it, but there is a document in the Avsim Library titled fs9stat.zip that details how to create 'almost' static aircraft in FS2004.  You could try following the same set of directions using AIFP and see if it works.

Ernest Pergrem

Make sure when you compile the static flight plan bgl to compile them in FSX format rather than FS9 format.

Years who I made some static flight plans for some airlines to use in FSX. The theory was the same as in FS9, make the flight occur in the middle of the night so that the plane will be static during the morning through evening, but make sure to use the FSX flight plan format when compiling it. Worked fine for me.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator