Sign in to follow this  
crippy1

Tool to update all frequencies?

Hello! Me again, I know Navigraph does some of this, but is there a utility for P3D that will update all frequencies? Ex. ATIS, TWR, GND, CTR, as well as VOR's NDB's and ILS's?

It would be so nice to have the ability to dial the frequency on the real world charts and have them work. Over the years I've learned to ignore real world frequencies and check with the P3D map unless really in a pinch.

Hi,

Navigraph does not update anything in the simulator. Navigraph provides correct FMC navigational data. This site: http://www.aero.sors.fr/ provides files to modify the navigational data and ILS data in the sim but will not update add-on airport data and does not update airport communication frequencies. You have to do that yourself with various airport design tools.

DJ

Edited by ubersu
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ubersu said:

...but will not update add-on airport data and does not update airport communication frequencies. You have to do that yourself with various airport design tools.

fsaerodata does everything that the freeware package does and updates SIDs, STARs, waypoints, airways, comm frequencies and airspaces. The only thing that it doesn't do is update taxiway and runway geometry.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jay,

Have you actually used FSAerodata? I've seen it around but have not used it and am curious about user reports...

DJ

Yes. It's not a absolute requirement if one uses an airliner with a Navigraph-based nav unit combined with the default ATC. But if one uses an add-on ATC replacement like VOXATC, then fsaerodata is needed to prevent inconsistencies between the aircraft and the ground.

Hi Jay,

Thanks...

DJ

On 3/2/2018 at 6:46 AM, ubersu said:

Hi Jay,

Have you actually used FSAerodata? I've seen it around but have not used it and am curious about user reports...

DJ

I tried it and it updates things accordingly. I would recommend this one instead of the freeware because I did that and it messed up some Airports with opposite but same frequency ILS. I am not sure if anyone else experiences that.