Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Anybody using Shehryar Ansari's KLGB & KONT with Orbx SCA?

I found a couple of nice freeware FSX airports by Shehryar Ansari (KLGB Long Beach and KONT Ontario) that look great with the Orbx SCA region installed and P3Dv4.2 EXCEPT for some mesh anomalies- KONT along the side of the airport, KLGB is good except for a weird sheared off mountain caused by some giant "flatten" polygon I can't find using ADE.

Has anyone found a way to make these two airports useable with Orbx SCA region until Orbx (or other) payware versions come along?

Thanks,

Steve

Nah, sitting in Detroit with a plane, waiting on a airport. 😉

• Upvote 1

Eric 

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

Nah, sitting in Detroit with a plane, waiting on a airport. 😉

Ha! Sorry but nothing to report on DTW...Shez

17 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

I found a couple of nice freeware FSX airports by Shehryar Ansari (KLGB Long Beach and KONT Ontario) that look great with the Orbx SCA region installed and P3Dv4.2 EXCEPT for some mesh anomalies- KONT along the side of the airport, KLGB is good except for a weird sheared off mountain caused by some giant "flatten" polygon I can't find using ADE.

Has anyone found a way to make these two airports useable with Orbx SCA region until Orbx (or other) payware versions come along?

Thanks,

Steve

On LGB let me get back to you. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Did you remove the bgl files in the Orbx sca scenery folder? search that folder for any bgl files named KLGB, KONT there should be 3 bgl files for each airport. rename them from .bgl to .off and test again. Layer the airport scenery higher than Orbx also.

Edited by Boeing or not going

10 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Did you remove the bgl files in the Orbx sca scenery folder? search that folder for any bgl files named KLGB, KONT there should be 3 bgl files for each airport. rename them from .bgl to .off and test again. Layer the airport scenery higher than Orbx also.

That might be a good start. Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

TBA in a few days but here is Shez's KONT placed into a new photoreal add-on in P3Dv4.  No edits/alterations to KONT were required.

qoQrxVS.jpg

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

4 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

TBA in a few days but here is Shez's KONT placed into a new photoreal add-on in P3Dv4.  No edits/alterations to KONT were required.

qoQrxVS.jpg

Nice! Are you doing a special mod? Looks good.

Shez Ansari

No mod to your airport at all.  Just placed it with higher priority.  Need to check your Long Beach and Palm Springs airports as well.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU

11 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

No mod to your airport at all.  Just placed it with higher priority.  Need to check your Long Beach and Palm Springs airports as well.

Actually I have them all working in P3DV4. The only problem I get is the FPS hit with ORBX Socal and other nearby payware.

Shez Ansari

KONT doesn't show cloud shadows in V4

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Just did a test.  I can see the cloud shadows in v4 all over the airport... granted they are lighter.  So when a cloud moves over the airport you can see a difference on the tarmac and the scenery surrounding it.

1 hour ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Just did a test.  I can see the cloud shadows in v4 all over the airport... granted they are lighter.  So when a cloud moves over the airport you can see a difference on the tarmac and the scenery surrounding it.

SWEET, where and where can we get you update to the scenery? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Not there yet.  I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this but check the screen shots forum in a couple of days for an announcement.