Sign in to follow this  
Republic DC9

Anybody using Shehryar Ansari's KLGB & KONT with Orbx SCA?

40 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Not there yet.  I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this but check the screen shots forum in a couple of days for an announcement.

THANKS BUDDY

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

8 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Not there yet.  I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this but check the screen shots forum in a couple of days for an announcement.

Could you post a short announcement here as well?

Thanks,

As you requested, announcement just made in the screenshots forum under 'inroducing simwestFOTOREAL' 😁

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Shez,

First off let me say I am a big fan of yours and have been using all of your sceneries since the FS2002 days!

You were among the very best of best for freeware scenery, still are!

There doesn't seem to be any KBUR scenery around. Any chance a port over of your FS9 scenery to make it compatible in P3D?

What would it entail? Model and ground polygon conversions? Is it possible?

Even though it's 14 years old it would be lovely to have that scenery over default. I avoid KBUR since there is no scenery.

I have all of the Orbx terrain and land class products including SCA.

Best,

Emil

Edited by American 833 Heavy

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

2 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Shez,

First off let me say I am a big fan of yours and have been using all of your sceneries since the FS2002 days!

You were among the very best of best for freeware scenery, still are!

There doesn't seem to be any KBUR scenery around. Any chance a port over of your FS9 scenery to make it compatible in P3D?

What would it entail? Model and ground polygon conversions? Is it possible?

Even though it's 14 years old it would be lovely to have that scenery over default. I avoid KBUR since there is no scenery.

I have all of the Orbx terrain and land class products including SCA.

Best,

Emil

Thank you sir! I have an early rendition of Burbank on my computer. It is supposed to be the next SSJ scenery and Ian already had done some work on it. However, I am waiting for that long delayed DTW to be out the door before moving another scenery...

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

Glad to hear it!

Very much looking forward to both of those airports.

Will your KDTW be compatible with Aerosoft's Detroit City scenery?

I believe it has some land class for the surrounding area and some improvements for KDTW and Willow Run.

The AS KDTW AFCAD would have to be disabled as well as any buildings it adds in and around the airport.

So just wondering if that's something you guys considered.

Thanks again!

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

I second that motion for KBUR.  I forgot that was way back for FS2004.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

10 hours ago, ShezA said:

Thank you sir! I have an early rendition of Burbank on my computer. It is supposed to be the next SSJ scenery and Ian already had done some work on it. However, I am waiting for that long delayed DTW to be out the door before moving another scenery...

I just discovered your work from this thread.  I installed your KLGB, KONT and KRIC in p3dv4.3 and they are absolutely amazing.  I could not believe that these are freeware.  100% payware quality!!! in my book. 

Thank you for these addons.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

39 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I just discovered your work from this thread.  I installed your KLGB, KONT and KRIC in p3dv4.3 and they are absolutely amazing.  I could not believe that these are freeware.  100% payware quality!!! in my book. 

Glad you are enjoying them. Try KNYL for your F35s and KTOL for the ANG F-16s. I am sure you are also using the SSJ KPHL.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

15 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

As you requested, announcement just made in the screenshots forum under 'inroducing simwestFOTOREAL' 😁

Unfortunately no hits under this title in the search there. Could you post a link to it?

Thanks

PS: I've just found it! It's there, thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

12 hours ago, Skywolf said:

It's always fun finding freeware gems especially in bunches from developers like Shez.

Freeware scenery and airplanes community isn't as vibrant as it was in the FS9 days last decade.

Everything half decent is payware now a days.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Hi,

Can anyone help me

I have KONT installed above Orbx FTX SoCal, and all the KONT files in Orbx (including vector's files) have been disabled.  With all those changes, I am still getting an extra control tower.  Is there anyway to disable it, along with raised elevation.  I have Shez's KONT 3.1 installed.  UTLive airplane is on the KONT object aircraft (I am assuming).

tYJWCyb.jpg

Then I install KLGB, and just wondering about the sunken elevation of this airport...or is everything correct the way it is supposed to be (all Orbx KLGB files have been disabled)

QBrJ0CZ.jpg

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:58 AM, Skywolf said:

Hi,

Can anyone help me

I have KONT installed above Orbx FTX SoCal, and all the KONT files in Orbx (including vector's files) have been disabled.  With all those changes, I am still getting an extra control tower.  Is there anyway to disable it, along with raised elevation.  I have Shez's KONT 3.1 installed.  UTLive airplane is on the KONT object aircraft (I am assuming).

tYJWCyb.jpg

Then I install KLGB, and just wondering about the sunken elevation of this airport...or is everything correct the way it is supposed to be (all Orbx KLGB files have been disabled)

QBrJ0CZ.jpg

Any ideas and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Let me check.

Shez Ansari