Republic DC9

Anybody using Shehryar Ansari's KLGB & KONT with Orbx SCA?

I found a couple of nice freeware FSX airports by Shehryar Ansari (KLGB Long Beach and KONT Ontario) that look great with the Orbx SCA region installed and P3Dv4.2 EXCEPT for some mesh anomalies- KONT along the side of the airport, KLGB is good except for a weird sheared off mountain caused by some giant "flatten" polygon I can't find using ADE.

Has anyone found a way to make these two airports useable with Orbx SCA region until Orbx (or other) payware versions come along?

Thanks,

Steve

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Nah, sitting in Detroit with a plane, waiting on a airport. 😉

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, B777ER said:

Nah, sitting in Detroit with a plane, waiting on a airport. 😉

Ha! Sorry but nothing to report on DTW...Shez

17 hours ago, Republic DC9 said:

I found a couple of nice freeware FSX airports by Shehryar Ansari (KLGB Long Beach and KONT Ontario) that look great with the Orbx SCA region installed and P3Dv4.2 EXCEPT for some mesh anomalies- KONT along the side of the airport, KLGB is good except for a weird sheared off mountain caused by some giant "flatten" polygon I can't find using ADE.

Has anyone found a way to make these two airports useable with Orbx SCA region until Orbx (or other) payware versions come along?

Thanks,

Steve

On LGB let me get back to you. Shez

Awesome...thanks so much!

It's a fantastic scenery...I like it a lot.

Steve

Did you remove the bgl files in the Orbx sca scenery folder? search that folder for any bgl files named KLGB, KONT there should be 3 bgl files for each airport. rename them from .bgl to .off and test again. Layer the airport scenery higher than Orbx also.

Edited by Boeing or not going

10 hours ago, Boeing or not going said:

Did you remove the bgl files in the Orbx sca scenery folder? search that folder for any bgl files named KLGB, KONT there should be 3 bgl files for each airport. rename them from .bgl to .off and test again. Layer the airport scenery higher than Orbx also.

That might be a good start. Shez

I tried the KONT by importing it into P3d V4.3 using SDK XML method. It works but there are no taxiways. Did I miss something?

TBA in a few days but here is Shez's KONT placed into a new photoreal add-on in P3Dv4.  No edits/alterations to KONT were required.

qoQrxVS.jpg

4 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

TBA in a few days but here is Shez's KONT placed into a new photoreal add-on in P3Dv4.  No edits/alterations to KONT were required.

qoQrxVS.jpg

Nice! Are you doing a special mod? Looks good.

No mod to your airport at all.  Just placed it with higher priority.  Need to check your Long Beach and Palm Springs airports as well.

11 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

No mod to your airport at all.  Just placed it with higher priority.  Need to check your Long Beach and Palm Springs airports as well.

Actually I have them all working in P3DV4. The only problem I get is the FPS hit with ORBX Socal and other nearby payware.

Just did a test.  I can see the cloud shadows in v4 all over the airport... granted they are lighter.  So when a cloud moves over the airport you can see a difference on the tarmac and the scenery surrounding it.

1 hour ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Just did a test.  I can see the cloud shadows in v4 all over the airport... granted they are lighter.  So when a cloud moves over the airport you can see a difference on the tarmac and the scenery surrounding it.

SWEET, where and where can we get you update to the scenery? 

Not there yet.  I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this but check the screen shots forum in a couple of days for an announcement.

40 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Not there yet.  I'm probably shooting myself in the foot for saying this but check the screen shots forum in a couple of days for an announcement.

THANKS BUDDY

8 hours ago, Clutch Cargo said:

Could you post a short announcement here as well?

Thanks,

As you requested, announcement just made in the screenshots forum under 'inroducing simwestFOTOREAL' 😁

Shez,

First off let me say I am a big fan of yours and have been using all of your sceneries since the FS2002 days!

You were among the very best of best for freeware scenery, still are!

There doesn't seem to be any KBUR scenery around. Any chance a port over of your FS9 scenery to make it compatible in P3D?

What would it entail? Model and ground polygon conversions? Is it possible?

Even though it's 14 years old it would be lovely to have that scenery over default. I avoid KBUR since there is no scenery.

I have all of the Orbx terrain and land class products including SCA.

Best,

Emil

Edited by American 833 Heavy

2 hours ago, American 833 Heavy said:

Shez,

First off let me say I am a big fan of yours and have been using all of your sceneries since the FS2002 days!

You were among the very best of best for freeware scenery, still are!

There doesn't seem to be any KBUR scenery around. Any chance a port over of your FS9 scenery to make it compatible in P3D?

What would it entail? Model and ground polygon conversions? Is it possible?

Even though it's 14 years old it would be lovely to have that scenery over default. I avoid KBUR since there is no scenery.

I have all of the Orbx terrain and land class products including SCA.

Best,

Emil

Thank you sir! I have an early rendition of Burbank on my computer. It is supposed to be the next SSJ scenery and Ian already had done some work on it. However, I am waiting for that long delayed DTW to be out the door before moving another scenery...

Glad to hear it!

Very much looking forward to both of those airports.

Will your KDTW be compatible with Aerosoft's Detroit City scenery?

I believe it has some land class for the surrounding area and some improvements for KDTW and Willow Run.

The AS KDTW AFCAD would have to be disabled as well as any buildings it adds in and around the airport.

So just wondering if that's something you guys considered.

Thanks again!

I second that motion for KBUR.  I forgot that was way back for FS2004.

10 hours ago, ShezA said:

Thank you sir! I have an early rendition of Burbank on my computer. It is supposed to be the next SSJ scenery and Ian already had done some work on it. However, I am waiting for that long delayed DTW to be out the door before moving another scenery...

I just discovered your work from this thread.  I installed your KLGB, KONT and KRIC in p3dv4.3 and they are absolutely amazing.  I could not believe that these are freeware.  100% payware quality!!! in my book. 

Thank you for these addons.

39 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I just discovered your work from this thread.  I installed your KLGB, KONT and KRIC in p3dv4.3 and they are absolutely amazing.  I could not believe that these are freeware.  100% payware quality!!! in my book. 

Thank you for these addons.

Glad you are enjoying them. Try KNYL for your F35s and KTOL for the ANG F-16s. I am sure you are also using the SSJ KPHL.