Sign in to follow this  
bic

don't forget the wife

I recently changed my i4790k from 8 gig of RAM to 16.  I was thinking of giving away the memory on a local freecycle, but suddenly remembered my wife's AMD computer only had 4 gig of memory.  So I was able to pop it in and she's off and running.  Happy unexpected birthday present!

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I've been upgrading my computers on a trickle down basis for years. The flight sim computer gets a newer cpu or ram, and the leftovers go to upgrade the driving sim computer. Once in a while, I build a whole new box, and the entire thing gets moved over with a hard drive transplant.

LOL

Sue

Edited by Penzoil3

Nice, I almost gave my wife my last computer, but it went for the MythTV, a DVR type thing.  I kind of did not want to support her computer, so I just bought an Acer, which was turned out ok, just cpu is kind of weak.  An SSD seemed to help a lot with her complaints of it being  slow.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

I trickle them down as well and the oldest FSX machine I bought back in 2010 is now the receptionists machine in my shop, still runs great for its age

Our next upgrade is going to my partner this time and not me, she is about to take a 14 month maternity leave so she is getting a brand new gaming rig to keep her busy while the baby sleeps. I will forgo this time and keep my current one running for another year or so. If I am lucky maybe she will let me use hers :biggrin:

Matthew Kane

Maybe you could have two?  I have two at work, one of them is kind of a standby / monitoring in case my laptop blows.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Take one! Please! - Henny Youngman

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.