Wise87

Aerosoft CRJ 1.0.5.0 is out

Posted (edited)

The new update for the CRJ is out. Requires P3Dv4.2 in order to update. 

Aerosoft CRJ 1.0.5.0

Before I even think about updating my smooth running P3Dv4.1 I'm going to wait to hear some reports. I've been disappointed with all the previous updates and the LNav issues. 

Edited by Wise87

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think this aircraft would be a nice aircraft to have in the hanger but the feedback so far has meant a no go.

I Don't see a [Fix] followed by LNAV xxxxxxxx in that list Dan :blush:

Still will keep an eye on feedback.

Just now, Nyxx said:

I think this aircraft would be a nice aircraft to have in the hanger but the feedback so far has meant a no go.

There are some such as:

- [Fixed] Decreased overshoot on track capture (introduced with rev 311)

- [Fixed] Corrected begin of turn point for turns with more than 60 degrees (official FAA formula results in early turn)

- [Fixed] Waypoint sequencing logic

- [Fixed] Waypoint turn calculation

I really hope it is fixed. Currently downloading and will report after my first flight :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Same for me.

12 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

There are some such as:

- [Fixed] Decreased overshoot on track capture (introduced with rev 311)

- [Fixed] Corrected begin of turn point for turns with more than 60 degrees (official FAA formula results in early turn)

- [Fixed] Waypoint sequencing logic

- [Fixed] Waypoint turn calculation

I really hope it is fixed. Currently downloading and will report after my first flight :biggrin:

Look forward to your feedback Keem.

Posted (edited)

Anxiously awaiting your feedback. So far users are reporting that its not detecting 4.2 correctly and terminating the install. 

Edited by Wise87

I got it installed fine. In cruise now and it is tracking waypoints perfectly so far. Even with a strong crosswind during cruise it is compensating fine. No overshooting of waypoints.

Ill see if it captures the ILS fine later. I had problems with LOC Capture in past versions.

Seems good so far :biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Just done a flight. It followed LNAV properly but.....

In anything more than a slight turn it seems to hang and then suddenly snap round to the new direction.

Established on the ILS into Detroit, approach was stable speed and engines were good and then without warning it suddenly tries to plunge me into the ground. Fortunately I was still high enough to recover.

Edited by Matthew James de Bohun
Typo

That's unbelievable considering how long they've been working on this.  Pretty sad.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Just done a flight. It follow LNAV properly but.....

In anything more than a slight turn it seems to hang and then suddenly snap round to the new direction.

Established on the ILS into Detroit, approach was stable speed and engines were good and then without warning it suddenly tries to plunge me into the ground. Fortunately I was still high enough to recover.

That's not a good sign. So far we have one good flight and one bad flight. As the day goes on I'm sure will hear a few more reports. I hope you post in the Aerosoft forums.

Edited by Wise87

I told you guys it was hopeless. Just give it up. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

Are you sure that is the CRJ?  The reason i ask is that i have the exact same issue with the FSL A320 (when it was working in 4.1)

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

Are you sure that is the CRJ?  The reason i ask is that i have the exact same issue with the FSL A320 (when it was working in 4.1)

The CRJ can only be installed in 4.2.

• Upvote 1

Yes i know, but i was say that the problem with the sudden snap turns was happening to me in the FSL A320; i was wondering if perhaps something outside the Aircraft could be causing it.

Is it just me or are the external engine animations not functioning (blades do not move)?

1 hour ago, Wise87 said:

That's not a good sign. So far we have one good flight and one bad flight. As the day goes on I'm sure will hear a few more reports. I hope you post in the Aerosoft forums.

It wasnt a good flight for me also. Same issue, was established on the ILS and then it kind of lost the glideslope and headed to the ground. 

I was hoping for a good CRJ and am glad I did not dive in. As I always do, I will look for YouTube video flights/reviews of version 1.0.5.0 to be sure its the product that is the problem and not pilot error.

I still look forward to the Aerosoft A320/321 for P3Dv4.x, and am glad I never touched the way overpriced FSL after hearing the scandal with it.

Aerosoft has me scratching my head a lot with several decisions made of late --- Ready for takeoff and World of Aircraft: Glider Simulator, to name specifics. Aligning the Aerosoft name with cheap standalone stuff that will likely never succeed. Its like a willful effort to waste time, resources, and effort. Let the gaming sites or the windows store deal with them cheap gaming products for young children. If the fixes that were claimed ("waypoint turns") were not really fixed, I will have to resort to something other than scratching my head because I will dig into my brain!

It is so good to have PMDG with FS2Crew; masterpieces that I can rely on for a most rewarding airliner experience.  

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

I told you guys it was hopeless. Just give it up. 

170824_FT_FlyingCar.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarg

39 minutes ago, pracines said:

I still look forward to the Aerosoft A320/321 for P3Dv4.x, and am glad I never touched the way overpriced FSL after hearing the scandal with it.

Given that you are a fan of PMDG/FS2crew, I'm surprised you're happy with a 'lite' Airbus given that the FSLabs A320 is arguably the most advanced airliner simulation out...which, may I add, now runs more smoothly than my NGX ever did after the 4.2 update. 

Don't get me wrong, I flew the NGX exclusively for about 5 years but the FSL A320 is on a new level. I have not flown the newer PMDG products. Probably won't until they optimize their dynamic lighting or offer a legacy lighting option for those of us who have a 4k display but don't own $1200 video cards. 

Ben 

• Upvote 4

This topic sure did stray away from the CRJ. I keep coming back for CRJ feed back on the update and it turned into a Airbus/PMDG topic.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

This topic sure did stray away from the CRJ. I keep coming back for CRJ feed back on the update and it turned into a Airbus/PMDG topic.

I think that those diversions just indicate that the Aerosoft CRJ is gaining ground on the the so-called "elite" airliners, as has the TDFi B717. Just in the last six months (and probably due to the release of P3d4) there has been a blossoming of the complex airliner market.

4 hours ago, pracines said:

FSL A320 is by far the most advance simulation out there! Yeah you will get an aerosoft lite A320/21 but I can bet you will face similar bugs as the CRJ and it will be many extra months before its actually stable.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

FSL A320 is by far the most advance simulation out there! Yeah you will get an aerosoft lite A320/21 but I can bet you will face similar bugs as the CRJ and it will be many extra months before its actually stable.

Mmh, I never had issues with the old aerosoft for P3Dv3 and I felt well entertained with it, especially for the price. Some search for the highly detailed simulator and are willing to pay good money for it even so they probably never end up using everything. And other ones just want to have it feel real and all necessary functions to be working and are fine not getting every system deeply simulated for a much lower price. 

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

From the post here and on Aerosoft forums it looks like I won't even bother with the CRJ for now. I've completely uninstalled it until they get this problem worked out. I don't understand how they could be not seeing these problems after 8 months since release. Maybe add users who are seeing the issues to the beta team. Luckily the Airbus is being done by another development team.  Maybe if one of the tester were to stream or make a video and show us it was working than maybe we would see it in a different light.   

Edited by Wise87

13 hours ago, Matthew James de Bohun said:

I'm having the same problem with a bunch of aircraft in P3Dv4.1. I don't own the CRJ.