Sign in to follow this  
Guanjiawen

FSXWX is down?

Hi all,

I have been using FSXWX as my weather engine, and it worked lovely. Yesterday when I start it, it connects to FSX, but won't show anything after that-nothing is downloaded. I went to the FSXWX website http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm, the website won't display. Is anyone also experiencing this?

Thank you and have a great rainy day if ur in the east coast :)

Eric

Yes, unfotunately I have made the same experience. I hope FsxWx could continue. There is no alternate. It is a phantastic Weather- Engine and I would pay for it.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jodr143 said:

Yes, unfotunately I have made the same experience. I hope FsxWx could continue. There is no alternate. It is a phantastic Weather- Engine and I would pay for it.

I know! It's like the best weather engine. Do you know any free alternatives? I can't afford ASN for sure haha. 

Thank goodness for AVSIM! I’ve just hit the same problem and was about to bite the bullet and look for a payware alternative when I thought “let’s just check nobody else had had the same issue”. Their server must be down which is why the WX data cannot be downloaded. Is there a way of reverting back to the standard FSX weather for now while we wait for the FSXWX to come back to life?

Regards, Rob

I am from Serbia, FSXWX does not working. It says ///METAR///   not foud. Anyone else has this problem?

OK, that's great that it's working for you xw302, but it's still not for me. The messages I'm getting are:

20:13: SIMCONNECT connection established 
20:13: FSUIPC connection established 
20:13: Flight Simulator: FSX 
20:14: WX DATA download failed 
20:14: Injection mode: all - 0 new stations created - 0 stations injected 

It's like it's tries to download the data, fails and imports the data it thinks it's downloaded into the sim. 

Are you able to access the fsxwx site www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm? I think the server is down which explains why I'm not able to access the website or download the wx data, but doesn't explain how you have no issues!

vladolp95, I'm in the UK and have this message when I search for a METAR:

20:19: ////////////// METAR ////////////// 
20:19: EGSS not found 

I guess this is the same as you!?

Having the same issue, its almost like the website owner forgot to renew their website license or whatever. Real shame, I don't want to have to go and buy ActiveSky haha.

Thanks for that FlyDeltaJets7, I was hoping it’s come back online today. I’ll see how it goes tomorrow but if not I’ll have to suck it up and go payware. Shame!

I was trying to contact FSXWX, but the website is down so I can't get their contact. Does anyone know their email address or something?

Ughhh FSXWX is my life haha

No, I don’t have any contact information.

my sim now will not work as it’s trying to load the data FSXWX hasn’t injected!! Is there a way around this?

This development makes me very very sad. I downloaded and installed FSrealWX lite and tried it but no joy. I guess it's not supported anymore. I really don't have the money to buy a weather engine right now and with FSX's Real World Weather long broken (I can't understand why Dovetail hasn't come up with a solution for that) I'm really bummed out.

"FSrealWX lite" is not supported anymore but the current "FSrealWX v2 2.04.0854" also works as unregistered freeware. It's not as good as FSXWX - it doesn't have direct wind control if you dont buy the license and winds aloft do not match as good to winds from SimBrief's flight plans as those from FSXWX. You must first register to download.

Server www.plane-pics.de is still responding if you ping it with "ping www.plane-pics.de" from CMD window. So yeah, the situation sucks, but let's hope for the best.

=====

Did you run FSrealWX as administrator (right mouse button and "Run as administrator")? I think it didn't work otherwise, or was it some other program, i'm not sure, haven't been using it for a while..

Edited by mugabe

On 3/2/2018 at 7:37 PM, xw302 said:

Working ok for me in the UK.

Interesting. Are you sure it's still working for you? Would you please retry and confirm it. 

What about their page http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm which is not working for the rest of us?

I have the same problem, is says FSUIPC CONNECTED, FLIGHT SIMULATOR: FSX and then it says not responding and when it does respond it just says 0 stations found or injected