Sign in to follow this  
Guanjiawen

FSXWX is down?

I'm in the UK and I confirm FSXWX is down here too, has been for several days. I can't find any Facebook or Twitter for the authors. The whole plane-pics.de domain is also down and WHOIS didn't reveal anyone who would be useful to contact.

I'm now reluctantly looking at FSrealWX :sad: but it's "freemium" you get the basics for free but if you want stuff like DWC (Direct Wind Control) you have to pay it seems; their website is confusing, they euphemistically refer to needing a "registered copy" but you have to register an account to download in the first place, so I think they mean you need to pay a for a licence key. Also it's unclear if it supports P3Dv4

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

FWIW, FSOpen Clouds is still around and may be useable to some (£5 per year for worldwide METAR injection - free for UK METARS only). I don't believe V4 is supported..

http://www.fsopen.co.uk/

Edited by HighBypass
P3D

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I ran the FSrealWX Pro unregistered version on a long flight today and it seems to work fine. After the flight I checked the FSXWX website and it's back up and running. I'll check the FSXWX weather engine later tonight.

Site is back, application still broken at the moment though and their forums confirm it has been for a few days

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I just checked the weather engine and it appears to be working now. This makes me very happy.

• Upvote 1

Seems down again for me, site works but any airport weather I request it just says "not found" :(

support1.jpg

Hello,

It does not work. Has been working 5 days ago.

I get

"11:07: SIMCONNECT connection established 
11:07: FSUIPC connection established "

(sometimes i dont even get that, just blank) and then it freezes.
Does anyone else have problems?

====

Seems to be working again after abt 1 hour. Just curious, did anyone else experience problems at abt 11:00 UTC today?.

Mug

MalwareBytes now block that site on my computer and it tells me there is a Trojan there.  I guess the site has been hacked or has been abandoned.

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors