Sign in to follow this  
percyhornickel

GPU INTEL 4600 SOLUTION PLEASE

Hi everyone, isn't there any way to configurate the DX10 Fixer for Intel GPU (My laptop uses Intel 4600 GPU). Eventhough I have a I7 proc and 8 gb ram. I have made almost all twecks but I can't get a smooth FSX with 4X or 8X without suffering fps drops unless AA is disable.

FPS drops really bad when clouds are affected with AA, it would be great if we could make AA to work in separate ways clouds / scenary.

Configurating the Intel Graphics Menu is not enough to make work AA without considerable lack of FPS. In that case, which options in the Intel Menu would be better to use the fixer? 

I just read posts about Nvidia (Nvidia Inspector) or ATI (CCC) but not everybody owns those cards or GPUs.

Thanks!!

BTW, sorry is my english isn't that good.

I have never heard of anyone using the internal graphics but it does support DX10 and 11.  You can turn it on in FSX settings but you must have FSX w/SP2 or Acceleration installed.

The display driver settings are very basic and I cannot see how the DX10 Fixer can help but the fixer does fix some flickering shadows.  I would make sure you have the latest driver installed for the 4600 - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/81496/graphics-drivers/graphics-for-4th-generation-intel-processors/intel-hd-graphics-4600.html

One of the things that I have found that helps with AA is the Scaling setting.  All graphics device drivers use the aspect ratio as the default setting.  See if you can set it to full-screen with your driver settings.  I had a hard time finding an Intel 4600 display driver settings and most simmers here use a dedicated graphics card.

The DX10 Fixer might help but it cannot change any of your settings but it can change the files in the ShadersHLSL and that might help.  I would go to the DX10 Fixer Forum here on AVSIM and make sure it works with your internal graphics chip first before purchasing.

DX10 w/SP2 and Acceleration out of the box are not very good but you should be able to get a lot of FPS if you stay with the default scenery and aircraft.  When you install an addon, your FPS will suffer.    With my system (see specs in my signature), I got over 300FPS at the default Las Vegas and using a default aircraft.  You should be getting high fps too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim thank you for your reply. I'm using FSX Accel Pack SP2 and my video drivers are updated.

I have no problems with default aircrafts or scenaries but I am a King Air lover so I use Flight1 B200 (so realistic) for my flights, it's a complex aircraft and heavy for the GPU to load but I have made many changes and twecks to make it work in a decent way. Even I have a second laptop where I run Active Sky via simconnect, and I'm using FTX Global too.

The big problem in here is when the AA is active and the clouds are rendered. In the Intel Graphics Menu there's a option to activate a kind of MSAA that offers medium level of detail (with objects near of the plane) and this allow a flyable simulation cause render seems not to affect the clouds generated by the sim or active sky eventhough I get poor lines in scenaries when on the ground.

When I activate DX10 Preview option obviusly I get nice views but FPS drops.

I'm from Venezuela and by the moment is not that easy to find (or buying) another hardware or another pc so I have to deal with what I have right now.

PLease let me know if you have an idea about any change that I`d could do. (Didn't understood that well what you said about changing files in the ShadersHLSL).

Thanks!!...    ...and sorry (my english is not that good)

Edited by percyhornickel

11 hours ago, percyhornickel said:

I'm using FSX Accel Pack SP2 and my video drivers are updated.

I want to make sure you do not have both the Acceleration Pack AND SP2 as that will cause major problems with FSX.  Acceleration is the payware version of SP2.  SP2 is the freeware version of Acceleration.  They are coded differently so that SP2 users cannot have access to the payware in Acceleration.  Either SP2 or Acceleration must be installed in order to have DX10 Preview.

Whenever you are having bad FPS, the solution is to lower the slider to the average FPS you are getting.  For instance, if you are only getting 10 FPS but it fluctuates up to 25 or 30, try setting the fps slider to 20, maybe 22.  I know it would be nice if you could have 30 or more fps all of the time but with your system, that appears to be impossible.  This way FSX will attempt to stay around 20 fps (which is actually great!).  But, having high FPS does not mean good AA.  Microsoft did a lousy job with AA for FSX and it is almost impossible to get rid of it all.  In the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide, I have settings that will almost get rid of all of the jaggies.  But your Intel 4600 HD Graphics can ever get to those settings.  For instance, you stated MSAA at medium is the best you can get.  I would suspect that's 2x's.  We recommend 4x's.

So, bottom line, is to lower your fps slider as above and see if that makes a difference.  When FSX was first released in 2006, everyone had a hard time getting rid of the jaggies and we were happy to have FPS at 15.  If we got to 30, that was awesome.  We had to limit our fps.  Even with a good video card installed, you will see jaggies and low FPS with add-ons.  I do not know how to eliminate that.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi, I have been doing some tests with fsx.cfg and I could make better some things here. DX10 Fixer seems to be working good now with the no render clouds option. 

In the intel 3D panel I have just disable everything and select Application controled so I guess DX10 fixer would work without some kind of restrictions.

Since Intel 4600 graphics "takes" the ram is being needed (2 gb max according with some research I did) that's the value I have considered for calc inside fsx.cfg

* I just set the Multiplier in 40 / I have tried 80 and 120 too.

* FPS Unlimited / I still have to try with 20 fps as you said

* MAX_TEXTURE_DATA=1280 / The right value would be 640 since is a 800 Mhz DDR3 but for some reason I get better results with the double.

* BUFFERPOOLS / I have made so many test in here and then I read in some plece that some people had good results just using:

USEPOOLS=1 /

RejectThreshold=10485760 (+/- 500 KB)

They were right...

Well I have to say that I use for my flights the Flight1 B200 / G1000 avionics. Even though is heavy to load is very realistic too so I'm stick with this bird and I made all my tests to make this work better.

I'm getting now 20/30 FPS using DX10 in zones with no heavy airports around, that's why I like to flight IFR in zones like alaska canada the most. In zones like Seattle would be better to crash instaed.

I have installed FTX Global.

I'm using a second laptop to run Active Sky 2010 via simconnect (not easy to configurate btw), I use this laptop for the flight plans, charts, etc.

If you have any other sugestions for me I would ike to hear.

Thanks for your reading and advices

P.H.

Edited by percyhornickel

It is going to be difficult to give you advice when most members have a dedicated graphics card.  You can be like the rest of us who started off with FSX and spend 11 or 12 years tweaking the settings to get the best results.  I strongly recommend not using any tweaks (as stated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide).  You use the wrong parameters and you could have a lot of problems.

Submit News to AVSIM

I`ve got 30 FPS now with all the twecks I have changed, even with ASN and beautiful clouds (3 layers) no problems at all. Very fluid in most of the scenaries.

Thanks for your answers. 

• Like 1