Sign in to follow this  
jamesman8

[RESOLVED] FSUIPC stutter/freeze issue

I have provided a video below with the problem at hand, its being caused by FSUIPC as it goes away when I uninstall it.

I'm not sure whats causing this issue, but here are my System Specs if it helps:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YFH2qk

Thanks,

James Muratore

Edited by jamesman8
insert name

Okay, I lied, FSUIPC was installed, and was causing the stuttering, but I require the use of FSUIPC! how can I fix this problem?

James Muratore

whats version your  using think there  is  a  issue  of  one of the  versions

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

13 minutes ago, jamesman8 said:

FSUIPC was installed, and was causing the stuttering

You need FSUIPC 5.124 or later with P3D4.2. You should be keeping your FSUIPC up to date in any case.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

You need FSUIPC 5.124 or later with P3D4.2

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for being a great developer and making FSUIPC,

Did you just release this? I had downloaded this version of FSUIPC last week, is that the problem?

Worked! Thank you!

James Muratore

Edited by jamesman8

Sadly on my side, in 4.2, I still have stutters, even with 5.124, latest SODE, on ground, even CPU and GPU are at 30% and 60%, during day, fps are locked at 30 in Nvidia Inspector and are stable.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

Do you need to uninstall the current version of FSUIPC (5.121b) on your system before you install 5.124? This is in regards to updating P3D from v4.1 to v4.2. Thanks.

1 hour ago, nikejp63 said:

Do you need to uninstall the current version of FSUIPC (5.121b) on your system before you install 5.124?

No, you never need to uninstall. You'd lose all your settings. In any case there's no "uninstall" facility except deleting the stuff in the Modules folder.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I just discovered my v 5.123 version suddenly started causing micro-stutters.  I have been using it all this week and last and P3DV4.2 had never been more smoother.  Then, suddenly, micro-stutters.  Not happening in my FSX installation so knew it was something (an add-on) in P3Dv4.2 causing the issue.  Disable it and no more micro-stutters and then found this topic.  I do not fully understand why it suddenly caused micro-stuttering.  I only use it to log flights.  In any case, I'm happy 5.124 fixes the stuttering but confused how it happened suddenly w/o me doing anything other than updating my video card drivers and updating several Drzewiecki airport sceneries.

Edited by Jim Young
Corrected version number

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

4 hours ago, Jim Young said:

I just discovered my v 5.2.3 version suddenly started causing micro-stutters.

I'm confused.  v5.2.3 of what?  The most current version of FSUIPC still shows as 5.124 at the download site.

Rick Ryan

Thanks for bringing to my attention.  I have fixed my OP.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 3/8/2018 at 3:53 PM, Jim Young said:

Thanks for bringing to my attention.  I have fixed my OP.

Jim, I think you should make a pinned forum topic regarding 4.2 and updating FSUIPC. I just updated from 4.1 to 4.2 today and ran into the issue immediately. Luckily some shrewd Google searching led me to the solution but others might not have that initiative.....

- Ike Callaway

Just to be sure: Does FSUIPC still cause stutters? - I had it, registered and all in P3dV3 but since v4 I have not dared to get it again... I would love to have it as lots of software depends on it. But stutters are a nono.

30 minutes ago, Martin Hartig said:

Just to be sure: Does FSUIPC still cause stutters? - I had it, registered and all in P3dV3 but since v4 I have not dared to get it again... I would love to have it as lots of software depends on it. But stutters are a nono.

FSUIPC does not cause stutters. Automatically saving your flight with a misconfigured anti-virus causes stutters.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.