Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Disengage autopilot question

I have just completed my first short flight in the 777F, and I noticed something after disengaging the autopilot at 1000 feet on final approach. The alarm did not stop after I clicked the warning button on the MCP. It only stopped when I clicked on the autopilot disengage button (the one on the control yoke) for the second time. Is that normal procedure on the 777? I only have to click on this once with the 737 NGX and 747-400.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I have just completed my first short flight in the 777F, and I noticed something after disengaging the autopilot at 1000 feet on final approach. The alarm did not stop after I clicked the warning button on the MCP. It only stopped when I clicked on the autopilot disengage button (the one on the control yoke) for the second time. Is that normal procedure on the 777? I only have to click on this once with the 737 NGX and 747-400.

yep   , one  press  disengages  it  a  second  silences  the tone

Edited by pete_auau
  • Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

58 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Page 44 of the Introduction document :)

I turned off the autopilot, but I can’t silence the alarm:
You need to press the autopilot disconnect button on your joystick (or the Z key) twice in order to silence the alarm. Make the first press, wait a second or two and then press it again. If you double-press too fast, it won’t silence. Always use the disconnect button, don’t use the disconnect “bar” on the MCP – you’ll have the siren constantly going off if you do.

On aircraft with the RESETTABLE SIREN option set to NO, pressing the master warning button on the glareshield will not stop the alarm – this goes for any master warning in fact, not just the autopilot.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

There you go - Avsim PMDG Support Forum at its best.

(If it's any consolation - we've all had to learn the hard way on AP disconnect in the big fella with "The Kyle wrath" as just another shouty voice in the cockpit! - luckily we love him ;-)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Shameless plug for reading that pesky Intro Manual :wink:

You should get in a shameless plug for your YouTube video here:

as you cover AP Disconnect comprehensively in that too!

Wait, no need, I've done it for you.

13 hours ago, ganter said:

You should get in a shameless plug for your YouTube video here:

Don't listen to that guy...he has no idea what he's talking about :ph34r:

Love all the comments that are like "you forgot X!" Yes. My impromptu flight to show the features off is totally meant to be a tutorial... *eyeroll*

Kyle Rodgers

45 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Don't listen to that guy...he has no idea what he's talking about :ph34r:

Love all the comments that are like "you forgot X!" Yes. My impromptu flight to show the features off is totally meant to be a tutorial... *eyeroll*

Sorry.

What he (Kyle) says.

x

Edited by Guest