Sign in to follow this  
Easton Williams

How to get RealityXP GTN 750 working?

Now it contains everything but there is only a 2D popup in my Piper Cherokee.

How would I make it to where it is inserted in the VC like the picture you showed above?

Edit: Just saw the Piper Comanche page. So how would I do that with the other aircraft? 

I will try this later this evening, got to go outside and enjoy the rare sunny skies lol

4 minutes ago, Easton Williams said:

got to go outside and enjoy the rare sunny skies lol

Same here.:smile:

34 minutes ago, bills511 said:

You should have this folder C:\RealityXP. And does it contain this license file? RXP-GTN750-FS.lic

This may be easier. Left Click your Windows Start icon (bottom left of screen).  That should list your installed programs from A down to Z along the left edge of your screen.  Scroll down to the R's, find Reality XP, click to expand, then look for the GNS User Manual. Click to open it.

You will have a learning curve with any new product.  A2A products for example have quite an associated  learning curve just for the aircraft.

Edited by fppilot
  • Upvote 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

" C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons C:\Users\***\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche.."

This is not on my PC. I can go as far as P3DV4 add ons and there is no \A2A\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_Piper_PA24_250_Comanche.

I looked for the files to replace and they are not there, the closest I got was Documents/A2A/FSX/Comanche250. All that is in those are BAK LOG files. If I go to my simulator folder all I see is sim objects, and none of the aircraft are there.

All I see is Flightbeam, FSdreamteam add on manager, Orbx Objectflow, and Reality XP GTN under P3DV4 Add-ons. Also did not see this: 

panel_F1_750.cfg.

I don't see how I cant find these files, I looked everywhere under Lockheed Martin and P3DV4 and found nothing similar. The user manual is worthless because it doesn't actually state how to install it, because I only fly A2A aircraft it is not usable. Then somehow I can not even find my A2A aircraft locations, I looked all throughout my drive that my sim is installed on and the aircraft are not there, yet they're installed in my sim...

If A2A and/or Reality XP would do their job (I am sure it would take them an hour to make an installer) I would not have to go through this headache. So far this is like if I went to go buy as car and then the dealer says, right after I sign the papers and buy it, "oh, by the way, you have to install the engine yourself, here is a wrench". This is ridiculous.

Edited by Easton Williams

I got the GTN 750 in the aircraft because I changed the settings in the A2A configurator, but besides that it doesn't work, and I am sure it is because Ii have not changed anything in the files. I looked for A2A in my P3D installation file and nothing is there. I looked in Documents folder under Users/A2A and all I see is a FSX file that lists the 3 planes that I have, Cessna 182, Cherokee180, and Comanche250, but when I look in those I don't see anything but 7 Log files.

By default A2A installs to the add-ons folder unless you manually installed to a different location. Otherwise look under the simobjects\airplanes folder of your main sim folder.

Edited by bills511

Right as I was typing this I found the A2A files! It turned out to be in my F drive, I have over 4TB of HDDs and SDDs and forgot I had previously moved all of my scenery and simulator to my Y drive, I guess somehow A2A got left behind.

So all I have to do is copy those two files and put them where they are supposed to go?

If this works then how would I do the same thing with the other A2A aircraft? Because my main aircraft is the Piper Cherokee but for the meantime if it works in the Comanche then I am set until it gets updated. I am about to try and copy those files and see what happens, thanks!

I don't know, I am probably going to just try to get a refund regardless, the lighting is horribly messed up and 10x brighter than it should be, and I paid for something that is not even compatible with any of my aircraft, sure I got it installed in my Comanche but that does not justify $50, then bad lighting and I think it started causing weird performance issues.

The developers from either A2A or Reality XP should have fixed this by now, it should have not been released without having full compatibility. I can not put it inside my Cessna or Cherokee and I don't want to have to do it manually, this fix is just a band aide and knowing that doesn't make me happy.

31 minutes ago, Easton Williams said:

I don't know, I am probably going to just try to get a refund regardless, the lighting is horribly messed up and 10x brighter than it should be, and I paid for something that is not even compatible with any of my aircraft, sure I got it installed in my Comanche but that does not justify $50, then bad lighting and I think it started causing weird performance issues.

The developers from either A2A or Reality XP should have fixed this by now, it should have not been released without having full compatibility. I can not put it inside my Cessna or Cherokee and I don't want to have to do it manually, this fix is just a band aide and knowing that doesn't make me happy.

On the GTN Home screen click on the System key then Backlight.
Page 7 of the Reality XP GTN Touch FltSim.pdf manual.

Edited by bills511
  • Upvote 1