Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Brakes & Autobrakes, P3D v4.2 Professional

Two specific questions pertaining to P4D v4.2

When applying normal braking using "." on the keyboard, slider set to the middle position, the brakes lock when the keystroke is applied. When the slider is set to the left positon, I have to apply continuous presses and this isn't practical or workable when stopping a larger aircraft.

When applying autobrakes when flying a large aircraft, PMDG, iFly, CaptainSim, etc., the autobrakes to not engage on touchdown. They don't engage at all although the cockpit switch is set as 1,2,3, or occasionally 4.

I do have a CH Yoke, but no rudder pedals or foot braking. Also, the brakes lock when an assigned CH Yoke button is pressed for braking.

Any specific help would be appreciated - I have looked all over but haven't found an answer. One other thing, I do have the latest paid version of FSUIPC installed. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!

Hi Chuck,

on the button you have assigned to Brakes, set the repeat slider full right.   Then look in Controls / key Assignments  for   "Brakes Antilock (on/off)"  and set a button or key to that.  Pressing that key/ button will toggle antilock on or off. On will stop the wheels locking.   Having the brakes slider full right may let the auto brakes work, because it lets the brakes have their full range.  I don't know, give it a try.

/Russell.

Russell, thank you.

I did both as you suggested and my wheels no longer lock up.  Autobrakes are working as well.  I would never have found this on my own.  Hopefully this will help others along the way.  Thanks again!

It is also possible to assign "differential brakes" to a free slider at your CH Joke via FSUIPC. It is very handy and I use it all the time. No head banging any more ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).