Sign in to follow this  
RALF9636

Remaining PF3 issues

@FS++

Hi Gerald, did you read the report you requested ?

I answered there :

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

9 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

@FS++

Hi Gerald, did you read the report you requested ?

I answered there :

I did, but didn't get a chance to test to see what call-sign MCE comes up with.

For instance, if the expected letteral call sign is "November Three Delta Echo" instead of "November 3 Delta Echo", Fo will see that caption as intended for other traffic, and will ignore it.

5 hours ago, FS++ said:

I did, but didn't get a chance to test to see what call-sign MCE comes up with.

For instance, if the expected letteral call sign is "November Three Delta Echo" instead of "November 3 Delta Echo", Fo will see that caption as intended for other traffic, and will ignore it.

Thank you Gerald, I wanted to make sure you were aware :smile:.

"For instance, if the expected letteral call sign is "November Three Delta Echo" instead of "November 3 Delta Echo", Fo will see that caption as intended for other traffic, and will ignore it"

Of course, That's what I understood.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 7/6/2018 at 10:12 PM, FS++ said:

Once you land, Fo will keep checking whether heading has differed by more than 35 degrees since you landed (reference heading being the one recorded on impact) for the next 2 minutes.

If it has changed anytime, acknowledgment happens.

When that 2 minutes is up, he'll acknowledge clear of the runway anyway.

It did not work like that after my landing at LOWK. I deliberatly changed my heading significantly more than 35 degrees after landing but the FO never requested taxi to parking. Not even after two minutes.

There is no Ground frequency at LOWK so the call should have been made to Tower. Maybe that contributed to the issue?

Btw LOWK is a nice example for an airport where it is very close if a heading change of more than 35 degrees occurs at all after landing on 28R and exiting via taxiway C. So may I come up again with my suggestion to take the groundspeed into account. Maybe let a heading deviation of 20 degrees be enough if the groundspeed is less than 15 kts (so the "violent oscillations on landing" would still be taken care of because they would occur at a higher speed).

Edited by RALF9636

10 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

It did not work like that after my landing at LOWK. I deliberatly changed my heading significantly more than 35 degrees after landing but the FO never requested taxi to parking. Not even after two minutes.

There is no Ground frequency at LOWK so the call should have been made to Tower. Maybe that contributed to the issue?

Btw LOWK is a nice example for an airport where it is very close if a heading change of more than 35 degrees occurs at all after landing on 28R and exiting via taxiway C. So may I come up again with my suggestion to take the groundspeed into account. Maybe let a heading deviation of 20 degrees be enough if the groundspeed is less than 15 kts (so the "violent oscillations on landing" would still be taken care of because they would occur at a higher speed).

Makes sense.

Wilco.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, DrumsArt said:

Thank you Gerald, I wanted to make sure you were aware :smile:.

"For instance, if the expected letteral call sign is "November Three Delta Echo" instead of "November 3 Delta Echo", Fo will see that caption as intended for other traffic, and will ignore it"

Of course, That's what I understood.

Regards,

No issue found with callsign. Caption should be caught as expected.

Maybe it's just a one off.

You can always ask Fo to reply with command "reply to atc" if you have reasons to believe he didn't.

It happens in the real world as well :smile:

If the FO gives the correct reply  after "reply to ATC", everything is fine. But sometimes he then just repeats the callsign, indicating something is going wrong.

I've had this happening from time to time during a flight. Somehow MCE suddenly seemed not to be able to read the PF3-ATC-log any more. It happens occasionally, quite rarely. A restart of MCE always cured the problem. I haven't figured out the circumstances under which it happens.

Maybe something like that happened to Richard as well?

Time to bring this up again - maybe you feel like taking a little break from supporting more and more complex aircraft ... ;-)

To sum up this thread, as far as I can see there are three topics still open:

1. Behaviour of the FO after landing.

Since it probably is a substantial effort to rework the logic for an automatic request for taxi to parking after vacating the runway, I would be fine if the FO (even in "you have ATC - mode") would just do nothing automatic and only sends the request on my command (and copies it automatically) - just like it is before takeoff.

2. Variations on "as cleared" when checking in during cruise.

I'd like to hear something like "Lufthansa 188 at flight level 3 2 0" when checking in. That is what I hear when listening to LiveATC.net as well as by the PF3 AI chatter. I've never heard "as cleared" there.

MCE already does it like that when descending (and climbing? not sure about that right now) - but not during cruise.

3. VFR pattern reports by MCE-FO

Words like "on final" / "on base" are missing (actually I haven't tested that with the latest build but I assume it is not fixed yet because there was no such announcement).

Would be great if we could finally close this.

• Upvote 2

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, RALF9636 said:

2. Variations on "as cleared" when checking in during cruise.

I'd like to hear something like "Lufthansa 188 at flight level 3 2 0" when checking in. That is what I hear when listening to LiveATC.net as well as by the PF3 AI chatter. I've never heard "as cleared" there.

As of current state, assuming an altitude is selected in autopilot panel that FO can read, and current altitude is within 300 of the autopilot selected altitude, he should say "maintaining XXX". "as cleared" is intended for all other scenarios.

However, this is also subject to him correctly identifying the flight phase as cruise phase.

Which aircraft are you flying mostly?

17 minutes ago, FS++ said:

As of current state, assuming an altitude is selected in autopilot panel that FO can read, and current altitude is within 300 of the autopilot selected altitude, he should say "maintaining XXX". "as cleared" is intended for all other scenarios.

However, this is also subject to him correctly identifying the flight phase as cruise phase.

Majestic Q400. FO never says "maintaining ...". "Out of ... for ..." works.

Edited by RALF9636

On 9/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, FS++ said:

On my last flight I really heared the FO say "maintaining..." indeed. But most of the time it is just "as cleared".

So I wonder how he identifies the cruise phase or how I can help him do that correctly.

8 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

On my last flight I really heared the FO say "maintaining..." indeed. But most of the time it is just "as cleared".

So I wonder how he identifies the cruise phase or how I can help him do that correctly.

It's not something you can fiddle with on your side.

Working out the current flight phase is a complex process involving data gathered via fsInsider.dll and aircraft specific data gathered via the aircraft specific dll in \FS folder\MCE dlls\ folder.

Try this patch (replace a single file). This must apply to  latest MCE V2.7.7.2

• Like 1

On 9/24/2018 at 9:06 PM, FS++ said:

It's not something you can fiddle with on your side.

Working out the current flight phase is a complex process involving data gathered via fsInsider.dll and aircraft specific data gathered via the aircraft specific dll in \FS folder\MCE dlls\ folder.

Try this patch (replace a single file). This must apply to  latest MCE V2.7.7.2

No change. Still "as cleared".

On 9/21/2018 at 1:00 PM, FS++ said:

I can confirm now that this works fine with the FSL A320. So the "as cleared - problem" seems to be something special to the Majestic Q400. And since it isn't a big deal at all, don't bother about it.

But this is still a major annoyance:

On 9/13/2018 at 5:46 PM, RALF9636 said:

1. Behaviour of the FO after landing.

After landing PF3-ATC calls "exit runway ... contact ground when clear of the active runway". The FO copies that properly and changes to Ground frequency. But then something is going wrong. He does not always contact Ground for taxi to parking. Sometimes he does, sometimes he does not. I haven't figuered out yet what is the trigger for him to contact Ground.

If he does not and I say "request taxi to parking" he performs that, but then does not reply to the taxi clearance unless I tell him "reply to ATC". And it happens that some time after that the FO finally requests taxi again, autonomously this time (triggered by?). I cannot stop him from doing so even if I say "I have ATC" after the taxi clearance.

Since it probably is a substantial effort to rework the logic for an automatic request for taxi to parking after vacating the runway, I would be fine if the FO (even in "you have ATC - mode") would just do nothing automatic and only sends the request on my command (and copies it automatically) - just like it is before takeoff.

A fix would be highly appreciated!

And btw: Is MCE working with P3D4.4 as is or is a patch needed?

Edited by RALF9636

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:23 AM, RALF9636 said:

And btw: Is MCE working with P3D4.4 as is or is a patch needed?

According to users feedback via e-mail it's working just as well as it did with V4.3.

However, GSX interfacing which is done outside any SDK, is always disabled by default (to prevent CTD) until the new P3D version is tested..

Therefore, will require a new update to re-enable it, coming out next week. No actual challenge, just a formality.