Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Eastern Caribbean

5 hours ago, orbmis said:

Just a quick question, but what aircraft is that?? I’ve been spending too much time with jets, and that a/c looks nice.

thx,

mike

Pilatus PC12

Bert

I've been having an issue with going from TQPF to St Maarten. In the King Air and the PC12 I've been getting one of those unreported CTDs just at the point of turning from base. to final. However, if I start at St. Maarten and backtrack there is no problem.

I've redownloaded and installed St. Maarten, updated FSUIPC flown it in a default A36(no problem) resaved the flight plan via PlanG and lastly, shouted FFS at it ...a lot.

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Ron,

You're in P3Dv4.2, right? Which departure runway, and which destination runway? I'll fly it tonight in the PC-12, in v4.1 and see what I get. Try some different, harsh language and see if that works.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Eye Candy in the Eastern Caribbean

In addition to adding the above recommended St Maarten/St Barts from Fly Tampa and Barbados Grantly Adams (TBPB) from Max Kraus (temporarily here), you might consider the following sceneries to spice up the trip.

Highly recommended.

1. St Eustatius PhotoScenery V2. TNCE. By Harald Sandvik.
This is a really excellent representation. Sandvik constructs a rich representation of the island, the towns and oil refinery and then the authentic little F.D. Roosevelt Airport. (Sadly, a default building partially blocks the view of the realistic terminal.)
Available at AVSIM here.

2. St Kitts Island v1.1. TKPK. By Kenje Thomas and Jamalje Bassue.
Superb near-payware-quality photoreal rendition of the island and Bradshaw airport.
Equally good is his Nevis Island and airport.
Available at AVSIM here.

3. Les Saintes Airport, photoreal scenery and autogen. TFFS. Combination assembled from parts by Jean-Marie Guineau, Dominique Dziedziczak and Paul Wheeler. This effort adds a great deal of character to what is a "magical island" off Guadeloupe. (Note that, as with the P3D default airport, the runway tarmac disappears when viewed from the wrong directions.)
The assembled scenery is available (temporarily) at my DropBox here.
[If you are not running Vector, then Bert and I have found a solution to the coastline problem with Les Saintes. Please contact us directly.]

Recommended with reservations.

4. Antigua VC Bird. TAPA. By Jean-Louis Valladier.
Adds harbors, shipping and landclass – not to mention a cricket ground. A characterful rendition of the actual terminal. However, in translation to P3Dv4, the airport evinces some upside-down default buildings and a missing taxiway. (This scenery is not for the perfectionist.)
Available, with a night-lighting correction, at AVSIM here, and here.

Hope this helps,
Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hi Ron,

Here is a quick test to replicate the CTD en route from TQPF to TNCM. Carenado PC-12 out of TQPF (Rwy 10) circle to the west and then south base to 5 mile approach for TNCM Rwy 10. Had an ominously long pause just as I was on short finals. But no CTD.

This using P3Dv4.2. (With new Client and Content but not new Scenery.)

Hmm. The most obvious thing, and thus you have thought of this, is to be sure that you have applied the P3Dv4 patch. From the FlyTampa Forum:

StMaarten
http://www.flytampa.org/dwl/TNCM_P3Dv4_Patch.zip
Extract ZIP to Prepar3D/FlyTampa/
Delete: Prepar3D/FlyTampa/StMaarten/scenery/ 1 file named ******_papi_lights.bgl

(Forgetting to delete the old papi lights seems an obvious culprit -- and the obvious one is never the guilty party.) Maybe worth having posted here just to remind everyone about the patch.

I am sympathetic because yesterday I had a series of inexplicable CTDs on startup in P3Dv4.2. Solved only by rebooting the computer.

Best of luck on this.
--M

• Like 1

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Ahah! I did the patch but I did not delete the ~papi_lights. Now you mention it I DID have an 'ominously long pause' whilst in the A36. I have a feeling you are verging on the genius. All my tests were using the same route.:biggrin:

I'm going back in...

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

Flight Plan for the Eastern Caribbean

Here (from my DropBox) is a file with Bert's flight plan for the Eastern Caribbean, made in Little Navmap. There is a standard P3D "pln" version and a F1GTN "gfp" version.

One glitch is that VC Bird TAPA is not recognized by the F1GTN (and maybe missed by the standard GPS). So I've added it as a user waypoint, entitled "TAPA" of all things.

And, for fun, on the approach to Guadeloupe's TFFR I've added a user waypoint entitled "PARAD". This marks the west coast village Deshaies. The sleepy town is the site on which the popular English/French TV series "Death in Paradise" is filmed. Just a beautiful coastline of rocky hillsides, white sandy beaches, and good restaurants.

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'm back. :biggrin::happy:

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

I'm back. :biggrin::happy:

Ron, survived to fight another day...good show, soldier!

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 hours ago, MM said:

Eye Candy in the Eastern Caribbean

In addition to adding the above recommended St Maarten/St Barts from Fly Tampa and Barbados Grantly Adams (TBPB) from Max Kraus, you might consider the following sceneries to spice up the trip.

Highly recommended.

3. Les Saintes Airport, photoreal scenery and autogen. TFFS. Combination assembled from parts by Jean-Marie Guineau, Dominique Dziedziczak and Paul Wheeler. This effort adds a great deal of character to what is a "magical island" off Guadeloupe. (Note that, as with the P3D default airport, the runway tarmac disappears when viewed from the wrong directions.)
The assembled scenery is available (temporarily) at my DropBox here.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Les Saintes now has the airport/island in the correct location which is great (!), but the old islands are still there.. Have you been able to remove them?

Bert

This sounds like the making for some good entertainment. Can one join as an avatar at the St. Barts airport bar to watch the landing competition?

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Hi Bert

It looks like the key is having Orbx FTX Global Vector installed. (This is the addon that corrects shorelines as well as lakes, rivers, roads and so forth.)

This first picture is the Les Saintes composite WITH Vector installed.

ktSvlPS.jpg

The second picture is the Les Saintes composite WITHOUT Vector installed.

dn0c0Tu.jpg

Hmmm. Now how to fix that without installing Vector? Time for a think. Anyone know?

Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Hm, I wonder if I get Fly Tampa St. Maarten now, do I have to apply a patch?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

4 hours ago, Viking01 said:

Hm, I wonder if I get Fly Tampa St. Maarten now, do I have to apply a patch?

In short..Yes. Trust me, I've been there. :biggrin: