Sign in to follow this  
tommaGT

P3Dv4.2 CTD upon Exit when ChasePlane and PMDG 747 Running

Hi 

I have run into an issue where P3dv4.2 crashes to desktop when exiting the sim, only when ChasePlane and the PMDG 747 QOTS v3 are running. This does not happen with the PMDG 737NGX or Majestic Dash 8 or any default aircraft. It also does not happen with the PMDG 747 when Chaseplane is not running or installed.

I have tried changing settings in ChasePlane, removing presets, checking for key assignment conflicts, restoring to defaults and reinstalling both Chaseplane and the PMDG 747. I also tried unistalling and reinstalling P3Dv4 from scratch, systematically testing afer installing each addon.

The only patterm I can establish is that when both PMDG 747 and ChasePlane are running, I get a P3D CTD after exiting P3D (ChasePlane closes normally without error). If I load the PMDG 747 without ChasePlane and exit P3D, there is no CTD.

I also turned off the motion effects for wind and then fine tuned them (after watching a chaseplane tutorial and reading the manual).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if there is a log file I need to send.

Many Thanks

Tom

-----------------------

Addons I am using:

ChasePlane v0.4.194 Beta Exp
PMDG 747 V3 for P3Dv4 (version 3.00.8605)
Active Sky for P3Dv4
REX 4 - Texture Direct with Soft Clouds Enhanced Edition
PRO-ATC-X
Ultimate Traffic Live
PreciptFX

Other Aircraft that work fine with ChasePlane:
PMDG 737NGX +FS2Crew
Majestic Dash 8 for P3Dv4 + FS2Crew
Fly Tampa Scenery - EHAM, CYYZ
Flightbeam Scenery - KMSP

System Specs:
Windows 10 Home 64 bit
i7 6700K 4.0Ghz, 32 GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB VRAM, Logitech Extreme Pro Joystick

Hey Tom,

I have the same issue that you are describing; only with the 747. I just didn’t think it was a big one, since I need to restart P3D after a flight with a complex airplane anyway. That is, at least, the recommended procedure I think.

I have not found a solution for it yet, by the way.

Jack

Edited by jschaper

Thanks Jack. I agree that at least it isn't a CTD during flight, but it is a CTD nonetheless and appears to indicate some sort of compatibility issue. I also restart the sim for each flight with these study level aircraft, which happens to also be a fortunate workaround for now. I enjoy ChasePlane and use it almost exclusively with PMDG and Majestic aircraft, and would like them to work together without CTDs at any point :)  Thanks again for sharing your experience with this issue.

I have the same problem....I start P3D as administrator and Chaseplane loads. As soon as I try to create presets the sim crashes. This only happpens with newly purchased PMDG747QOTS

Hi,

1. Have you updated your 747 and P3D to the latest versions?
  2. Do you use 0.3 or 0.4 of ChasePlane?
  3. Does disabling Advanced Features from the Preferences fix the issue?

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven

I have a Chillblast Valkyrie PC and downloaded the Pmdg 747 and chaseplane on the same day and assume they are the latest versions. P3D version 4.2 are running.  I have had some success with the 747 without chaseplane but I do believe that P3D crashed without chaseplane too. It's a mystery. Perhaps I'll try and reduce the graphic sliders to see if that works. 

Keven
Loaded PMDG 747 without Chaseplane and the same problem so I would discount Chaseplane being a possible cause.  I have been viewing other forums on P3D v4.2 having CTD issues with PMDG QOTS v3

As the OP, I would like to state that the issue as originally posted still exists (CTD upon exist)  and so far still only occurs for me when both ChasePlane and PMDG QOTS v3 are installed. Please do not consider this thread resolved or closed from OP perspective.

Thanks

Tom

Hi Keven

I still have this issue, per my original post, and have tried disabling advanced features, but no change. Can you suggest anything else I can check?

Thanks

Tom

Can you post a bit more info about the crash? (From the Windows Event Viewer)

Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven. Please see event viewer Application Error message and details below:

---------------EVENT VIEWER LOG ENTRY------------------------

Log Name: Application

Source: Application Error

EventID: 1000 

Level: Error

Task: 100 

Keywords: 0x80000000000000 

EventRecordID: 28439 

Channel: Application 

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.2.21.24048, time stamp: 0x5a7c832c
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.402, time stamp: 0xd826f10d
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f879b
Faulting process id: 0x22fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3f07bb61293dc
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3a27ea1f-73bf-40b3-b72c-6d7968509943
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

--------------------------------------

ChasePlane: v0.4.204 Beta Exp.

PMDG 747-400 QOTS II (V3): Version 3.00.8605

If I open P3Dv4 with PMDG 747 without Chaseplane and then exit the application, there is no CTD error message.

Thanks

Tom

On 5/29/2018 at 6:24 PM, tommaGT said:

Thanks for helping. Yes. However, it was happening before I purchased and installed gsx.

Any FSDT airports before buying GSX?