Sign in to follow this  
slod

Custom key assignments

Hi,

Can someone tell me where these are stored please?  I'd like to make a back-up before I update so I don't have to re-create them all.

Many thanks

Edited by slod
spelling!

Hi there,

You can create custom assignments in the load manager. You can find this under the Setup tab and Events.

Click add and then define what actions you want.

Thanks,

Sorry, perhaps I didn't ask the question correctly!

I've created the assignments in the way you've suggested, but when I update to the new version they are all lost.  Is there a cfg file or something where they are stored?

I can then make a back-up instead of having to write them all down and re-create them every time an update is released.

It would be great if you had the answer.

Thanks

For P3Dv4:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls\Standard.xml

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

14 hours ago, w6kd said:

For P3Dv4:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls\Standard.xml

Actually, these appear to be the standard P3D assignments.  I'm looking for the custom MaddogX assignments that I've created.  They are overwritten each time I update.

Thanks

There was a LINDA module released just recently for the Maddog

For me using LINDA to assign custom controls is far smoother and easy than using the maddog software.

Just a friendly advice :)

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

1 hour ago, SAS443 said:

There was a LINDA module released just recently for the Maddog

For me using LINDA to assign custom controls is far smoother and easy than using the maddog software.

Just a friendly advice :)

Thanks, maybe I'll try that.  I've been using SPAD.Next to get the Saitek Multi panel working, so I've been assigning keys through the Load Manager and using SPAD to talk to the panel.

The trouble is every time I upgrade I 'lose' the key assignments and have to enter them again.

Thanks for you advice, perhaps I need to look at Linda for the Maddog. :)

On 3/5/2018 at 4:37 AM, slod said:

Thanks, maybe I'll try that.  I've been using SPAD.Next to get the Saitek Multi panel working, so I've been assigning keys through the Load Manager and using SPAD to talk to the panel.

The trouble is every time I upgrade I 'lose' the key assignments and have to enter them again.

Thanks for you advice, perhaps I need to look at Linda for the Maddog. :)

Would you be willing to share your Multi Panel xml file? I don't seem to have much luck getting my Saitek panels working.  Also Trying to get my GF-EFIS working too with out success.

Kevin

-.- . ...- .. -.
Kevin Conlon
Pharmacist, Pilot and Parrot Head

I9-9900K  4.9GHz | RTX 2080 TI FE | 27" Asus Monitors x 3| MSI Z370 | Crucial M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x 2 | Toshiba HDD 2TB | WDC HDD 2TB | 32 GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10

Hi,

No problem.  It will be tomorrow though as im not around to night. 

Hi,

I like to pick that up. I try to assign custom key commands but they do not work. Pressing an assigned joystick command or a keyboard command does not provoke any action. Should the load manager detect keystrokes or joystick buttons? It does not here. FSUIPC works fine, so what could be wrong here?

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

8 minutes ago, Viking01 said:

Hi,

I like to pick that up. I try to assign custom key commands but they do not work. Pressing an assigned joystick command or a keyboard command does not provoke any action. Should the load manager detect keystrokes or joystick buttons? It does not here. FSUIPC works fine, so what could be wrong here?

Hi,

I can program key assignments in the load manager, but then use spad.next to program the same key assignments to the joystick.  I'm afraid I've had no luck programming the joy stick through the load manager so can't help really.

I've asked the developers for help on the official forum and they have said they will respond - so just waiting.

Sorry

Thanks, I join you in waiting then...

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

On 3/4/2018 at 2:19 PM, slod said:

Hi,

Can someone tell me where these are stored please?  I'd like to make a back-up before I update so I don't have to re-create them all.

Many thanks

Sorry old post. The assignments are in here... "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Maddog X Files\Data\maddogx.ini"

I still would like to program these in SPAD but I guess assigning the keys in the LM and assigning in SPAD works for now...the only thing irritating is that each ON/OFF command has a separate assignment (i.e. CTRL+SHIFT+A is ON, CTRL+SHIFT+B is off).

• Like 1

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, ShezA said:

Sorry old post. The assignments are in here... "C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\Maddog X Files\Data\maddogx.ini"

I still would like to program these in SPAD but I guess assigning the keys in the LM and assigning in SPAD works for now...the only thing irritating is that each ON/OFF command has a separate assignment (i.e. CTRL+SHIFT+A is ON, CTRL+SHIFT+B is off).

I have now mapped all the main functions for MaddogX on to my Saitek Switch Panel. Let me know if anyone wants a copy. You will need SPAD Next for it to work.

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"