Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Hannant

PMDG moving to own forum platform

5 minutes ago, ganter said:

It has not been specifically confirmed either - however, Chris, I am becoming increasingly concerned that the next PMDG announcement will be heavy on the "MD" and less on the "B787".

Damn your old bones Sir..

Well we have a 767 (lds), a pmdg 737, 747, 777, Boeing commonality among all...the MD11 is different...variety being the spice of life, no?

Edited by Boomer

spacer.png

True indeed.

I'll be happy giving both a shot at the wide blue yonder.

10 hours ago, Boomer said:

Fixed that for ya, you're welcome, brother... :-P

I would kindly ask you for the future, please NOT to do that. It bring another meaning to the post, which isn't intented - even though it's a quote!
I know you probably meant it as a joke, but could you - and everyone else for that matter - please refrain from (purposely) miqouting posts. 

To be honest, I don't understand why it's even possible to edit a qoute...

Thank you.

P.s - I have reported your original post. 

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

6 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

P.s - I have reported your original post. 

I reported my own post to request it be deleted.

You make a valid point.

/Out.

• Upvote 2

spacer.png

This thread is about to die an ugly death...

On one hand, sure, altering quoted text can give unintended meanings. On the other hand, in the context of the text immediately following the quoted text, by the person quoting it, clearly shows that the alteration was made in jest.

Reporting posts is for serious stuff. Avoid using it to draw mod attention to stuff that really doesn't need it. In this case, it actually drew the mod to the wrong post, and that mod hid the wrong post as a result, so the report really missed the mark, and just wasted time.

I fixed it, but I'm getting tired to correcting the course of this thread...please don't make me do it again.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

19 hours ago, Boomer said:

Roger, WILCO, brother Kyle.

Roger, WILCO, brother Kyle.

Edited by Boomer
  • Upvote 1

spacer.png

I agree, @scandinavian13. I just didn't know what else to do, in this instance. I'm sorry if I put you through a hard and work-heavy job, but to be honest, I still think my point is valid. 

One should avoid in changing and editing qoutes. Honest, I don't care how many parentheses, square brackets or quotation marks is used. 

Again, I'm sorry for reporting the post, for such trivial matters...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Yes, sorry Kyle.

Spring madness!

22 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

It's almost like when people get bent out of shape when they book through Travelocity (et al) and are completely mystified as to how they were first on the list to get bumped on an oversold route. *puts thinking cap on* "I wonder silently to myself how and why that seat was so cheap...hmmmmmmm..." *light bulb flicks on*

Yep agreed. That's why I always will book direct with the airline, hotel, cruise line, etc... First sign of a problem and the hotel.com, Travelocity, Trip Advisor type crowd is on their own. How's that discount working for you now...

Eric 

On 3/4/2018 at 5:09 PM, downscc said:

PMDG has been pretty straight forward about the reason for names, and it has nothing to do with product purchase; rather, it is to encourage respectful exchange of ideas that seems to be missing from the anonymous internet in general.

Yes - anonymity is overrated, and leads a certain subset of folks to lash out at anything and everything: from benign newbie questions on one end, to honest contrary opinions on the other. Signing your real name is one of the primary ways to prevent trolls and other malcontents.

I.e., if you really do stand behind what you have written - sign your real name.

IMHO

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

With the imminent arrival of the new PMDG forum, and the insistence of having the post signed, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a system as follows. The post has a dedicated block for a signature, and if it was missing, it wouldn't get through. I am not a computer or IT expert, so have no idea if this would be achievable, but if it was, it would solve the ongoing problem the forum has at present. Just my thought, re, signatures.

Cheers. 

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

10 hours ago, Freo said:

With the imminent arrival of the new PMDG forum, and the insistence of having the post signed, I was wondering if it would be possible to set up a system as follows. The post has a dedicated block for a signature, and if it was missing, it wouldn't get through. I am not a computer or IT expert, so have no idea if this would be achievable, but if it was, it would solve the ongoing problem the forum has at present. Just my thought, re, signatures.

Cheers. 

Imminent? This is PMDG we are talking about. They don't do imminent.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Paul_Smith said:

Imminent? This is PMDG we are talking about. They don't do imminent.

Because they focus on doing eminent.

Dugald Walker

Hi All,  A touchy subject which I don't think has been mentioned.  Avsim have been a good servant to us all over the years and I imagine their survival has been helped by those of us who donate to their Funds.   With PMDG moving to another site and the volume of questions and answers involved, I wonder will they be asking for support donations now or in the foreseeable future.  I wouldn't like any of them going down the pan due to lack of donations.  Worth a thought  Richard Welsh.   PS  I suppose Kyle will chip in with some exotic reply.