Sign in to follow this  
A320cockpit

Voice recognition

Hi,

after i got Voxatc running over network, i tried to get it running in my cockpit environment. There i am using P3D V4.1 and nothing is working. When i try to start Voxatc without network from the Simulator Pc, i get the following error

Exception caught when initializing SAPI. This application may not run correctly.

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88890008): Exception from HRESULT: 0x88890008
   at SpeechLib.ISpeechRecoGrammar.CmdSetRuleState(String Name, SpeechRuleState State)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.SqRecognizer.Initialize(String strIn, String cgfname)
1230000 Ins Text set : Cannot initialise voice recognition. Ensure that you have a US English compatible recogniser selected. See help file
VoxATC 

In Windows everything is working fine. I have configured the microphone and run through the speech training successfully.

When i start the flightplan training in Voxatc, i get a speechtraining error with ..make sure you have a US English recogniser....

Have someone an idea what the problem might be?

Regards 

Jürgen 

6 hours ago, A320cockpit said:

...Ensure that you have a US English compatible recogniser selected.

Make sure that your default language in Win 10 is American English. I've only seen that particular error message when I accidently added Claude, which is a French Canadian TTS voice. Somehow, that messed up the default language of the Windows speech recognition also.

Or more likely in your case, it may just be a bug in VOXATC brought on by running with 2 PCs over the network..:sad:

As an aside, very low overhead on VoxATC in my experience.  Might be worth just keeping it on your main sim PC instead of trying to network.  Saves a lot of headaches for little if any FPS difference, particularly if you're using P3Dv4x and VAS is not a concern...

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Thanks for your answers,

The error occurs not in network mode, it occurs when i run Voxatc on the Simulator PC and having the panels on the Flightsim screen. When i can get this to work, i want to try it over the network as  i did it before on other computers with FSX.

I have no idea what the problem is as all is working on windows.

Regards

Jürgen