Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

Cabin pressure

Every now and then i get a aurial "Cabin Pressure" warning.

But i can not set any cabin pressure.....or am i missing something?

Kind regards,

Ben

The air conditioning supply is on "Auto" but imho it should be, they should be on "HP BLD OFF" on ground.

Am i right?

21 minutes ago, Bentree_ said:

The air conditioning supply is on "Auto" but imho it should be, they should be on "HP BLD OFF" on ground.

Am i right?

Don't know about right or wrong but unless AC External Unit hooked up, or APU running,  and supply on AUTO,  the cabin will get warm or cold, depending where the aircraft is.

Are you hearing "Cabin Pressure" at altitude or in the climb? There is a rate of pressurization adjustment that may be out of adjustment. I have never heard that aural on this aircraft with the rate knob centered. Pressurization is automatic with the lineup correct.

The aurial warning say's: "Cabin altitude!, Cabin Altitude!"

I have changed the adjustment knob but it keeps coming back now and then.

Regards,

Ben

Edited by Bentree_

Hello,

1. Check the supply switches on the air conditioning panel. They should be in AUTO. If for some reason they are in HP BLD OFF during climb will not make a difference, but as per SOP they have to be in AUTO.

2. Check if all your doors are closed. The (DOOR) light under the annunciator panel should be OFF

3. Make sure you haven't opened the cockpit window and forgotten to close it. The MD-80 has no annunciator light for that

4. The pressurization system should be in AUTO. On the center pedestal, the yellow/black wheel with the yellow tab at the wheel's base is the outflow valve controller and it's master selector. That yellow tab should be UP for the pressurization to be in AUTO. If it's down (manual), the valve may be wide open. When the valve is wide open, the yellow valve position indicator to the right of the wheel will be fully AFT (open). During climb, that indicator will be around the top of the console. At high altitudes, the valve position indicator will be almost fully FWD (closed)

These 4 steps should guarantee you get you press problems sorted...

• Upvote 1

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Hi Xander,

Point 1 to 3 i am familiar with and are o.k.

Point 4 not, this could be the cause and i will check this in the next flight.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ben