Sign in to follow this  
Hilkiah

taxi to gate

Hi

I'm using the demo version of P2ATC with p3d 4.2.  I landed at KMIA and requested taxi to the gate. I was assigned D25 (I'm was flying an AA livery) however that gate was already assigned (according to GSX).  I tried to "request taxi to gate D26" (which was free/unoccupied), however P2ATC kept assigning me to D25.  Question, does P2ATC take into consideration AI traffic at the gates when determining availability?  How do you request taxi to a specific gate or to change the assigned gate?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

You can open the Info Panel for the airport and select the desired gate.  Then, when you request "taxi to the gate" you should be assigned that gate.  If you're flying with an Airline call sign, be sure that gate is associated with your airline.

You can also verbally request a gate as long as that gate is assigned to your airline. 

Changes to airline/gate associations can be made in the Taxi Mnt screen.

Dave

Thanks Dave.  That was quick!!

I'm going to do another flight KMIA-KCLT.  I will try to use the info panel when I land.  However one question....According to the info panel with AAL flitered, D25 and D26 are both American Airline gates.  Thus why do you think P2ATC refused to allow me to change to D26, even though D26 was free and D25 was occupied?

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Just wanted to inform you that your advice worked well!!

Thanks.

Hilkiah G. Lavinier