Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Help... can't configure Warthog throttle

7 hours ago, Murmur said:

It works the other way round, i.e. 100% for both control response and stability augmentation will make the controls less sensitive (weird for a first time user, I know :-) ). You should begin with increasing control response, then if you're still not happy, increase also the stability augmentation (this latter has a direct influence on the flight model, so it is a more "intrusive" setting).

Some aircrafts may also be more sensitive than others.

This is good info, just wanted to add that in one particular case -- flying certain helicopter models -- you'll probably want stability augmentation turned off (0%) in the X-Plane settings.

Larger and more advanced helicopters like the Bell 429 and 412 have their own stability systems (SAS) to reduce pilot workload, with on/off switches in the cockpit, and plugin pop-ups to allow user adjustment for strength of the effect. Some of the smaller helicopters also have plugins allowing additional stability to help people learn how to fly, even if the real-world model lacks SAS.

When flying any of these helos, you'll probably want X-Plane's internal stability augmentation turned off, because it can interfere and cause problems. For fixed wing aircraft, I usually adjust the X-Plane stability settings on a case-by-case basis, depending on what I'm flying and how well it's modeled. As Murmur notes above, it's mainly an issue with the more sensitive/lightweight aircraft. Heavies don't need much added stability.

• Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

3 hours ago, Paraffin said:

This is good info, just wanted to add that in one particular case -- flying certain helicopter models -- you'll probably want stability augmentation turned off (0%) in the X-Plane settings.

Larger and more advanced helicopters like the Bell 429 and 412 have their own stability systems (SAS) to reduce pilot workload, with on/off switches in the cockpit, and plugin pop-ups to allow user adjustment for strength of the effect. Some of the smaller helicopters also have plugins allowing additional stability to help people learn how to fly, even if the real-world model lacks SAS.

When flying any of these helos, you'll probably want X-Plane's internal stability augmentation turned off, because it can interfere and cause problems. For fixed wing aircraft, I usually adjust the X-Plane stability settings on a case-by-case basis, depending on what I'm flying and how well it's modeled. As Murmur notes above, it's mainly an issue with the more sensitive/lightweight aircraft. Heavies don't need much added stability.

Thanks for the input, appreciated.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776