Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

Viet Nam, Cambodia, Laos

Are there any good sceneries of any type for this area? I'm using P3dV4.2.

Thanks.

Dave

Hard to find ...

Laos: rather nothing ...

Cambodia: There was a VDPP by ONet for FSX, which sits somewhere in my archives. Have to try it sometime

Vietnam: some freeware for FSX going around which I have not managed to get to work

But A_A's VTBS and VTSP work quite OK in P3D4.1 (I have not gotten around to install 4.2 yet). Also his VTCC freeware is OK.

Hope this helps.

• Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

12 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Hard to find ...

Laos: rather nothing ...

Cambodia: There was a VDPP by ONet for FSX, which sits somewhere in my archives. Have to try it sometime

Vietnam: some freeware for FSX going around which I have not managed to get to work

But A_A's VTBS and VTSP work quite OK in P3D4.1 (I have not gotten around to install 4.2 yet). Also his VTCC freeware is OK.

Hope this helps.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Who is A_A? It would be interesting to get some sceneries for this area and go explore. If you get some running in 4.2 perhaps you would give me a heads up. I flew rotary in that neck of the woods a long time ago.

All the best,

Dave 

Hi Dave,

you can find A_A-Sceneries on Simmarket, as said, I got VTBS and VTSP to work in 4.1. WMKK works too BTW.

You can find some freeware sceneries (including some of the semi-military airfields) on the IVAOTHAI website http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/thailand.html

I live about 16 NM N of VTBU.

Edit: You might also want to look at this thread:

Edited by A340Bangla
  • Upvote 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

A340Bangla....Thanks for the info. I'll look into this. I'd like to spend some time flight simming this area including Thailand. If I can find some interesting scenery i will. 

VTBU...I'd forgotten what the ident was for. Just looked it up on Foreflight...U-tapao. I flew out of there for a short period many years ago. Spent a few weeks in Pattaya at the same time. I've often wondered what it would be like to spend our Canadian winters there.....

Dave

11 hours ago, dbw1 said:

I've often wondered what it would be like to spend our Canadian winters there.....

Dave

Plenty of retirees from your corner of the world here :biggrin:

U-Tapao is still partly military, but sees a lot of civil use nowadays, Air Asia and Russian airlines...

Erhard

On 3/7/2018 at 9:53 PM, A340Bangla said:

U-Tapao is still partly military, but sees a lot of civil use nowadays, Air Asia and Russian airlines...

What's it like for cost of living to rent a nice condo apartment, food etc? I enjoyed me time there....but it was for work and someone else was picking up the tab. Thanks.

Dave

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

What's it like for cost of living to rent a nice condo apartment, food etc? I enjoyed me time there....but it was for work and someone else was picking up the tab. Thanks.

Dave

Hi

Condo rent can be anything between 5000 Baht up to 200'000 Baht depending on size and location. But 10 - 15'000 will get you a goodsized one in a location at or not far from the sea.

Cost of living is a similar spread, depends if you can live on street food or need the food comforts of home.... I know of people (Non-Thai) who make do with 30 - 40000 Baht a month (including rent). 1 US $ is about 32 - 33 Baht at the moment.

Edited by A340Bangla
  • Upvote 1

Erhard

On 3/8/2018 at 1:53 PM, A340Bangla said:

I am moving to retire in Bang Saray late 2019 ☺️

• Upvote 1

Greetings,

Been awhile since any of us have been to this thread. There is now a couple sceneries for Viet Man for V5. Does anyone know of some for V5 from Cambodia and in Thailand U-tapao?

CaptVirtual...did you retire as planned?

As far as I know there is nothing for Cambodia and Laos... I have VVTS and VVNB.

CaptVirtual - if you are now in Bang Saray let me know.

Erhard

1 hour ago, A340Bangla said:

I have VVTS and VVNB.

From Viet Sim Scenery I presume?

- TONY -

On 3/5/2018 at 6:56 PM, dbw1 said:

Are there any good sceneries of any type for this area? I'm using P3dV4.2.

Thanks.

Dave

For modern time or historic scenery?

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, YoYo said:

For modern time or historic scenery?

I'm now using P3dV5.

Modern or historic....The selection is kind of small so I would be open. I would like to get Phnom Penh(sp?), Siem Riep and U-tapao. In a past life about 30 years  ago I flew out of all three for awhile.

Dave

8 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

I'm now using P3dV5.

Modern or historic....The selection is kind of small so I would be open. I would like to get Phnom Penh(sp?), Siem Riep and U-tapao. In a past life about 30 years  ago I flew out of all three for awhile.

Dave

So see this topic on SOH:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/123429-Vietnam-War-Project-2021-(preview)

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2