Sign in to follow this  
Jim Young

AVSIM.ru, AVSIMRUS.com and AVSIM.su

AVSIM.ru, AVSIMRUS.com or AVSIM.su are rogue websites and AVSIM Online! or AVSIM.com or AVSIM, Inc. has no associations whatsoever with these websites.  Be very careful when downloading files from AVSIM.ru or AVSIM.su.  This is just a warning that the sites do not belong to AVSIM and violate our name copyrights and users should be very careful if they visit these locations.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Careful of what exactly?  Never had a problem with any download ever from them.

• Upvote 5

Thanks for the clarification and heads-up, Jim.

Greg

1 hour ago, nazethc said:

Careful of what exactly?  Never had a problem with any download ever from them.

Also confused of this one, the sites are perfectly legitimate and other communities. This post should really be 'to avoid confusion the following sites are not affiliated with AVSIM blah blah, links.

In addition bit concerned by the 'violates our ''name'' copyright'... copyright creeping/ over-stating reach much.

It seems now every week there's some sort of melo-drama from AVSIM :ohmy:

• Upvote 4

Isn't a name considered a trademark and not a copyright?

Secondly the only trademark in the USPTO database is this one -

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:1338ie.2.1

Which does not appear to be registered to this website. Can you clarify the remark: "violate our name copyrights." With whom is this name copyrighted?

Edited by softreset
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, softreset said:

Isn't a name considered a trademark and not a copyright?

Secondly the only trademark in the USPTO database is this one -

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4803:1338ie.2.1

Which does not appear to be registered to this website. Can you clarify the remark: "violate our name copyrights." With whom is this name copyrighted?

Also as you point out it's only 'trademarked' in that territory...

They're no more dangerous than this site. Never had any issue downloading files from any of them either.

Bit of an over-reaction on your part.

• Upvote 5

Ironically I got a message that the Incommon certificate expired for avsim.com just now.

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

:laugh:

Just flight sim enthusiasts, here and over there. What can be wrong with that ? 

Since 20 years or even more, I never had a problem with them.

Edited by mikealpha
  • Upvote 3

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Some of their freeware airports are amazing, they could be marketed as payware.

• Upvote 3

\Robert Hamlich/

5 hours ago, nazethc said:

Never had a problem with any download ever from them.

That's good Comrade!  I know, at one time, many years ago, AVSIM did not allow membership from Russia and some other countries as they were the Source of spamming.  So, suspect they decided to set up their own "AVSIM".  Still, it makes it look like they are connected to us and, perhaps that would be good if they had great files and information for our Russian/Ukrainian friends (and our members around the world, including the USA), but just wanted to make sure everyone is aware, they are not part of AVSIM and a totally separate entity.  AVSIM has always had some outstanding and professional contributors to the AVSIM library and we keep it virus/malware free.  Do not know what they do on the other sites.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Suspicion does not give you the right to just make stuff up.  You even go on to say that you have no idea what they do on those sites.  

If you don't know what they do on "those sites", what on earth gives you the right to make false accusations?  

I wonder, was it just a case of spreading disinformation to keep people away from those sites, just because they use "your" name?  <--suspicion....must be true

Comrade......funny.

Love that midlife crisis mobile!

• Upvote 5

bots and trolls.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Assuming it was available, how long would a website with a URL of:

www.lebronjames.org

last before the lawyers would force the owner to capitulate? And there's no legal basis for LeBron James to sue. Unfortunately, AVSim doesn't have the money to hire some high-powered lawyer. And besides, Russia? Seriously?  The lawsuit would be laughed at. Especially in the context of the present global cyberwarfare  situation.

People should focus on Jim's intent, not any legal hooey.

• Upvote 2

Living in Ukraine I was at the receiving end of that ban. For quite some time I was not able to access Avsim directly. But the thing is I just used a VPN which is what the bots and trolls would do anyway. Banning entire nations from access is a sledgehammer approach that alienated a lot of simmers. Its no surprise that they decided to go it alone. The sites mentioned have some very good Eastern European freeware that I have not seen at Avsim and I have never had any issue with their downloads. 

• Upvote 2

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography