Sign in to follow this  

Hi there,

Wonderful program you have. I've been having a ton of fun testing out traffic this past weekend. I've always loved installing AI aircraft. I have an extensive AI collection that is mostly FSPXAI and FAIB aircraft. Just about 4000 livery's now! (I getting there and it’s absolutely satisfying seeing your hard work come to fruition).

My question is, is there a way to get rid of the parked aircraft? I tried looking for information in your manual but, couldn't find any answers. I know how to use the parkgenerator but, switching it to 0% parked didn't help.Seems that non-live aircraft have a “_” at the end of their names, when viewing the aircraft in the sim. Is there a way to only have the live ones? I find this to be a lot better. 

Thanks for your time. Really enjoying your program!

Sante Sottile

Hi,

I'm glad you like it! Thx. 

If you set the PERCENTAGE_PARKED=0 in an airport file manually or by using the ParkPosGenerator (and do not forget to copy the parked folder in ParkPosGenerator to the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic) then you will not see parked (static) aircraft.

However, you may still see live arriving aircraft ending their flight at a gate, being parked, and change their callsign by adding a _ So in fact they become a parked static aircraft. If you do not want this, just remove the, or all airport files.Then  my program has no information about gates and you will not see any parked aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Nico  

Edited by kiek
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, kiek said:

Hi,

I'm glad you like it! Thx. 

If you set the PERCENTAGE_PARKED=0 in an airport file manually or by using the ParkPosGenerator (and do not forget to copy the parked folder in ParkPosGenerator to the parked folder of PSXseeconTraffic) then you will not see parked (static) aircraft.

However, you may still see live arriving aircraft ending their flight at a gate, being parked, and change their callsign by adding a _ So in fact they become a parked static aircraft. If you do not want this, just remove the, or all airport files.Then  my program has no information about gates and you will not see any parked aircraft.

Hope this helps.

Nico  

Thanks very much Nico. This is exactly the information I was looking for. 

The only reason I do not like the parked aircraft is due to the issues with livery matching. My matching is about 99% accurate with live aircraft but, I get random ones with the parked aircraft.

Oh, and one more thing:

I noticed that the FSPXAI 789 does not get complied into the VMRGenerator txt file. When you open the txt file to check, it shows all 789's as 788 ICAO codes. So I have to keep editing the file in order for them to display properly in the sim. Is this because VMR does not see it as a 789? 

I believe this also happens with the TFS A300's.(AIG released a new updated model on their forums). ICAO for those should be A306, if i'm not mistaken. These A300's don't even show up when complied. 

Thank you!

Edited by Tino
spelling errors

Sante Sottile

20 minutes ago, Tino said:

I noticed that the FSPXAI 789 does not get complied into the VMRGenerator txt file. When you open the txt file to check, it shows all 789's as 788 ICAO codes. So I have to keep editing the file in order for them to display properly in the sim. Is this because VMR does not see it as a 789? 

Are you sure? I have FSPXAI 789's as well and no problems with the code, here some examples of my AI_liveries.txt:

AAL;B789;1;UTT Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner American Airlines;N820AL,N821AN,N822AN,N823AN,N824AN,N825AA,N826AN,N827AN,N828AA,N829AN
ACA;B789;1;Air Canada Boeing 787-900;C-FGDT,C-FGDX,C-FGDZ,C-FGEI,C-FGEO,C-FGFZ,C-FGHZ,C-FKSV,C-FNOE,C-FNOG,C-FNOH,C-FNOI,C-FPQB,C-FRSA,C-FRSE,C-FRSI,C-FRSO,C-FRSR,C-FRTG,C-FRTU,C-FRTW
AFR;B789;1;FSP Boeing 787-9 Air France F-HRBA;F-HRBA,F-HRBB

make sure the General section of the aircraft.cfg file has this line

atc_model=B789

Maybe I have edited that myself?

Nico

Edited by kiek

21 minutes ago, Tino said:

The only reason I do not like the parked aircraft is due to the issues with livery matching. My matching is about 99% accurate with live aircraft but, I get random ones with the parked aircraft.

You can get that 99% correct too by editing the Airport.txt file..

Ok, I will check the atc model section and report back. I do remember changing this for the FSP a330's as they didn't show up at first. They weren't using the standard ICAO format.

I will get back to you on that.

I appreciate the help.

Edited by Tino

Sante Sottile