Sign in to follow this  
flyboy05

WX Radar not showing on MFD

Not sure if this is a config error or install issue. But, I turn on WXR and use tilt and CAL, and nothing ever paints on the display during precipitation. I have Active Sky set on WX Radar client in the manager, and AS2016 on a network config.

How ever the Terrain radar feature works well. but no WXR.

also be advised the Co-Route entry was not working at all. The installer does not come with a Routes folder. I had to Manually create a new folder and label Routes. And now it works.

FSXSE

W10 Home 

JeanCarlos Hernandez

Did you turn up the intensity for the radar? 

I was not aware the MD came with any routes? 

by intensity do you mean the CAL rotary. yes I played with all tilt included and nothing.

JeanCarlos Hernandez

No, not calibration. If I am not mistaken, you can adjust the intensity of the radar picture via the outer, black rotary switch on the panel where you adjust the PFD and MAP display intensities. If that adjustment is simulated. 

And you do need rain intensity strong enough to give a radar return. I’m not sure how well this is modeled in AS. I have seen returns myself, but they showed up in a position where I did not expect any.

I've already tried the black outer knob all the way clockwise. still nothing. 

basically  I tried all knobs that has to do with WXR. in precipitation 

JeanCarlos Hernandez

On 3/6/2018 at 7:30 AM, flyboy05 said:

I've already tried the black outer knob all the way clockwise. still nothing. 

basically  I tried all knobs that has to do with WXR. in precipitation 

Shouldn't be the black outer knob.  The "Gain" knob is the black knob on the inside of the ND screen brightness control.  Turn that clockwise and you should see WXR OFF on the ND.  To get the radar working from there press PWR and then press WX/WX+T/MAP for the desired ND.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries