Hello, I would like to find a 737 throttle with fuel cutoff, flaps, throttle (obviously), TOGA buttons, A/T Disconnect buttons, speedbrake handle, and Thrust reverser handles, but i want them to act like a control axis. I have had the cheap Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and throttle but the reverser zone is a button so when I land, the thrust reversers jump like crazy and it's hard to disengage the reversers. If there isn't I'm considering this one- http://throttletek.com/g-737v2-g-throttle/. If this one is any good, let me know. Thanks!

I own the 737 TQ 2, and it the product is quite good. It's not cheap .... and I was not impressed with the package it was shipped in (from South America) ... but I will say this: the unit is well built, and a great compromise if you cannot afford the +$2000.00 stand units, but want something more than a simple Saitek bolt over. With that said, there is a Russian guy who builds a set of throttle overlays for the Saitek unit, with working reverse thrust as well. I believe he has a Facebook page, and I am sure I have seen someone refer to it here on Avsim. Had I to do it over again, for the 190 or so bucks plus shipping, I would have gone with the Saitek overlay.

Yeah, I saw that Saitek throttle mod and asked how much it was but it was out of stock. I asked Throttletek if it was possible for them to change the reverse thrust levels from buttons to axis on the G737v2 but they said having them as an axis isn't really good for PMDG. How is that?

I think that may be due to the fact ThrottleTek uses a switch, and not a pot, for the reverse thrust levers on the TQ2. I don't think it is so much a limitation of PMDG as it is the unit itself. I could be wrong. I set mine up through FSUIPC (registered version) and when I engage the reverse thrust by pulling the levers up, I get "full reverse" and as far as I can see in FSUIPC, moving the levers on the TQ2 unit to "full reverse position" does not register any inputs beyond the "switch on/off" (meaning, there is no range of reverse thrust to be applied - it's all or nothing). I'll double check it tonight when I get home and let you know.

19 hours ago, Jackaroo05 said:

Hello, I would like to find a 737 throttle with fuel cutoff, flaps, throttle (obviously), TOGA buttons, A/T Disconnect buttons, speedbrake handle, and Thrust reverser handles, but i want them to act like a control axis. I have had the cheap Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and throttle but the reverser zone is a button so when I land, the thrust reversers jump like crazy and it's hard to disengage the reversers. If there isn't I'm considering this one- http://throttletek.com/g-737v2-g-throttle/. If this one is any good, let me know. Thanks!

I have an old Throttletek in the closet and their reversers are a button set up with F-2.  Both levers are one button if I remember right.

I also have a Throttletek G737V2 and am not that happy with it. The poti quality is questionable. With levers in sync position I get up to 10% thrust difference and that is not linear over the entire range. So it is very difficult to get the thrust output syncronized ( the FSUIPC sync function helps a bit). Also just somewhere within the range you might move the levers by 1 cm and don`t get any thrust change in the sim.

Maybe that`s how it is for the price, but I expected better.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

The thing is, I want to get the most out of the money.

17 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

I also have a Throttletek G737V2 and am not that happy with it. The poti quality is questionable. With levers in sync position I get up to 10% thrust difference and that is not linear over the entire range. So it is very difficult to get the thrust output syncronized ( the FSUIPC sync function helps a bit). Also just somewhere within the range you might move the levers by 1 cm and don`t get any thrust change in the sim.

Maybe that`s how it is for the price, but I expected better.

Maybe you should give feedback to Throttletek.

1 hour ago, signmanbob said:

I have an old Throttletek in the closet and their reversers are a button set up with F-2.  Both levers are one button if I remember right.

Can you prove it? I saw in the video that each lever has it's own button.

1 hour ago, blackopscc1 said:

I think that may be due to the fact ThrottleTek uses a switch, and not a pot, for the reverse thrust levers on the TQ2. I don't think it is so much a limitation of PMDG as it is the unit itself. I could be wrong. I set mine up through FSUIPC (registered version) and when I engage the reverse thrust by pulling the levers up, I get "full reverse" and as far as I can see in FSUIPC, moving the levers on the TQ2 unit to "full reverse position" does not register any inputs beyond the "switch on/off" (meaning, there is no range of reverse thrust to be applied - it's all or nothing). I'll double check it tonight when I get home and let you know.

So the TQ2 reverser levers have an axis?

Most people who purchase complex throttle quadrants still need to expect careful calibration of all the axis in Windows Control Panel.

More over, even real aircrafts exhibit less than perfect throttle synchronization between one lever and another. I am designing a 747 quadrant for a 747 pilot, and he's the one who laughs at some of the things that simmers don't know because  they don't  fly real airplanes  for a living. I, too, didn't this until he told me.

It's ironic that when we want a sim to be as real as possible, we forget that "real" is not always easy. It still requires the pilot's hand for fine control.

Most pots are  susceptible to some creep due to wear and temperature. When you're dealing with one throttle and one axis, the problem is not obvious. When you add more throttles, the problem is more noticeable.

4 hours ago, Jackaroo05 said:

Can you prove it? I saw in the video that each lever has it's own button.

So the TQ2 reverser levers have an axis?

I'll see if I can dig it up out of the closet and have a look.  They may have changed it, but I know when I bought my JetMax 737, I was surprised to see that each reverser had a different button.  I'm about 99.9% sure that the TQ737 did not.  I know for sure it didn't have axis on the reversers.

On 3/6/2018 at 7:58 AM, Jackaroo05 said:

Yeah, I saw that Saitek throttle mod and asked how much it was but it was out of stock. I asked Throttletek if it was possible for them to change the reverse thrust levels from buttons to axis on the G737v2 but they said having them as an axis isn't really good for PMDG. How is that?

You can set up reversers using axis with FSUIPC on any throttle that has enough extra levers, but you will still just get full reverse.  I don't think that the simulation supports idle reverse.  I wish it did.

Bob