Sign in to follow this  
Benjamin J

Choosing a Delta hub scenery

Hey all,

For those that have read my previous threads, welcome back :biggrin: 

For the others: I've been working on building a new rig (mostly assembled now, just working on some details now), and starting afresh with P3Dv4 after being away from the community for about two years. I've pretty much nailed down what airplane addons I would like and what utility-type addons I will acquire for starters. To make a long story short, I've settled on getting the upgrade for the Majestic Dash 8, as well as purchasing the Leonardo Maddog X and PMDG 737NGX for P3Dv4. Whenever it comes out of beta, I might also get the TFDi 717, depending on reviews posted at that time. Finally, whenever the Aerosoft Airbus come out for P3Dv4, I'll get the upgrade for that too.

Now, to the question that I'd like to ask you all. Since the 717 and MD80 are predominantly flown by Delta Airlines, I'd like to expand my number of Delta hubs. These are the ones that I'm considering:

• Imaginesim Atlanta: Seems to be where Delta's MD80s are primarily based, and would therefor be a great combo with the Maddog. However, it's kind of out of the way of many other addons I have, I'm not a particular fan of this airport, and I feel, having seen some screenshots, that the overall look of the scenery is perhaps not quite up to the quality that the price tag suggests?
  • Flightbeam Minneapolis: Like Atlanta, it's kind of out of the way, far away from most addons I have. Really, only KDEN and KMDW/KORD are somewhat close by. However, it looks gorgeous, and it's the cheapest of the three sceneries I'm looking into...
  • PacSim Salt Lake City: I'm leaning towards this one. It's smack in the middle of many addons I already own (KLAS, KSFO, KLAX, KSAN, KDEN, just to name a few) and the scenery extends far beyond the airport perimeter, which is always nice for the approach. Not to mention the beautiful vistas of the mountains when on approach!

So that's the ones I'm looking at. As I said, I'm leaning towards KSLC due to the proximity to other addons I already have, but I can't deny the sheer beauty of KMSP. Really, Atlanta is the one that's lowest on my list due to a combination of its price, apparent quality, and the fact that I'm just not a fan of KATL (or other, similarly sized mega-hub type airports). My own reason to get it, is that it appears to be a big Delta MD80 base. But, my mind is open for change, and if of course there is another scenery that comes highly recommended, I'm all ears!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Simple. Grab them all. Maybe one a month if budget is a concern.

Vic green

Yeah they’re all good, it really comes down to where you want to fly.  KATL will give you the most choice of real world flights.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

29 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:
  • Imaginesim Atlanta: Seems to be where Delta's MD80s are primarily based, and would therefor be a great combo with the Maddog. However, it's kind of out of the way of many other addons I have, I'm not a particular fan of this airport, and I feel, having seen some screenshots, that the overall look of the scenery is perhaps not quite up to the quality that the price tag suggests?

I would hold off from buying Imaginesim's Atlanta. FlyTampa have their own version in the pipeline.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

11 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I would hold off from buying Imaginesim's Atlanta. FlyTampa have their own version in the pipeline.

Ah! I remembered somebody was doing KATL, but couldn't remember who. Any idea how far along this is?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

18 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Ah! I remembered somebody was doing KATL, but couldn't remember who. Any idea how far along this is?

Absolutely no idea. It was announced last July.
So with Boston now released and Las Vegas believed to be nearly complete, I imagine they are dedicating most of their resources to Atlanta.

The Flightbeam Minneapolis does look nice.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Absolutely no idea. It was announced last July.
So with Boston now released and Las Vegas believed to be nearly complete, I imagine they are dedicating most of their resources to Atlanta.

The Flightbeam Minneapolis does look nice.

Jeez, they announced it that long ago? Here's hoping it's going to be sometime in the coming months then. I'm excited for their rendition of KLAS, as FSDT's is starting to show its age.

Yeah KMSP is a stunning scenery all around, or that's the impression I get. Anybody able to offer more details? And between KMSP and KSLC, what's people's favorite?

Benjamin van Soldt

All good.  ATL could use better FPS.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

Flightbeam KMSP is a no-brainer and I actually really like the latest Imaginesim KATL.  FlyTampa is doing ATL but I'd be really surprised if we saw it in 2018...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yeap msp is the one to get I think. One of the best sceneries out there for looks and performance in my opinion. 

Orman

ImagineSim KATL is the best available right now, and performs considerably better after their fairly recent P3Dv4 update.  While I believe flyTampa's version will be better all around (based on their past products), I'm not confident it's close to release... but I could be wrong.  KATL is certainly Delta's largest hub and the place is littered with MD80s of all stripes.

KMSP is a jewell!  Love arriving and departing on this beautiful scenery... a job very well done.

PacificSim KSLC is on my list to purchase.  I agree with your comments, flying a long final to 34R will be very engaging with the looks of their new scenery.

I think you'd be happy with all three. 

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Benjamin,

You say you don't care for Atlanta but consider dawg pilot's are at the bottom of the seniority list and don't get first pick of their domicile . That just adds to realism. Atlanta is the base for Maddogs so I would start there. I bet most Delta pilot's rather domicile there then JFK, MSP or SLC. 

All in fun😊

Vic green