Sign in to follow this  
dtrjones

3PD can bring out the best in FSW!!!

I know dynamic weather didn't quite hit the heights that we all wanted but just a few graphical effects and it could all change! Check the the work done by Pete Beeby and his team as reported on FSDevelopers forums.

This is quite old now - the post was on the 5th of February but I couldn't find it on here and just thought it wasn't to be missed. Whats nice about this is that from the runway it links the key technologies with trueSKY and PBR cockpit rendering nicely so you get a much better effect for the sim. The plane itself no longer stands alone. The developer was at pains to mention this is custom wet surfaces so it's not a global environmental change but something specific to where ever they choose to update. So Dovetail please keep at it for PBR 2.0 but a wet surface was something I was hoping for and it's nice to see some developers have that covered.

Just imagine what this would be like with cloud shadows and the latest trueSKY technology - good times ahead.

Rain_Effects_Capture_1.jpg

Rain_Capture_8.jpg

Rain_Effects_Capture_x7.jpg

Rain_Effects_Capture_9.jpg

Full post and more images here!!

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/fsw-pbr-custom-wet-surfaces-wip.442095/

Cheers,
Dave.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Upvote 4

Now that is looking really good!

gb.

Edit: Although looking at the linked post, the reflections seem a little bit over done and the reflected cloud images seem to be different from the actual clouds above. ? Still good though.

Edited by gboz

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I saw it a while ago. Really amazing. 

And he just activated some reflections based on the old code, it's not the FSW's PBR. He said that with PBR it would look even better.