Sign in to follow this  
srd

Fatal Error on start

I recently purchased VOXATC, I believe it's version 7.4. Installed it but kept getting "FATAL ERROR" after I hit enable. Tried many different things but nothing worked. I decided to remove and reinstall FSX and VOXATC. Still not working. My system is Windows XP Pro, 32 bit, sp3. FSX Gold edition with Accel pak, Saitek yoke, quadrant, pedals.  Currently there is no add-on scenery, planes, etc. I didn't reload the VOXPop voices, but will tonight, so just windows SAM right now, and I'm not hearing "test". I did all the voice setups, used the flight plan suggested in the manual, disabled the ATC in FSX, but I can still bring it up by hitting the `/~ key. I did check the "Log" box, but didn't include the resultsit in this post. I've emailed the developer, but after seeing how many other folks have also over the years with no response, I don't hold too much hope. Anyway, if any of you have experienced this and can suggest things to try, or even the resolution, I would be indebted. The other thing that is not working, is when I run the setup for "JoyStick", the program fails instanlty. Other then these issues, all works perfectly...lol

Thanks all,

Steve

I get this sometimes and it seems to happen more often when I try to start it without a flight plan loaded.  It is unfortunate that the developer generally ignores his customers.  I was surprised to get a quick response when I first started using the program.  But, it's been completely dead since then.  

I would switch to something else.  But, I don't know of anything that offers the same combination of features that this one has.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I would suggest that you run the Indexer that is one of the programs in the VoxATC package. I believe it should fix it.

3 hours ago, ricka47 said:

I get this sometimes and it seems to happen more often when I try to start it without a flight plan loaded.  It is unfortunate that the developer generally ignores his customers.  I was surprised to get a quick response when I first started using the program.  But, it's been completely dead since then.  

I would switch to something else.  But, I don't know of anything that offers the same combination of features that this one has.

Hey Rick and Bugor, When you say Load FP, here's what I do. Start FSX, select plane that I've added the VOXATC panel to, Load FP, reposition to the starting airport and hit "Enable VOXATC" ...RIGHT?

I've run the indexer now a few time with no joy. Thanks for the input!

Steve,

Try one of the sample flight plans that come with VOXATC combined with a default P3d4 aircraft. What AI package are you using? If you read through the threads on this forum the FATAL ERROR at startup is usually related to either a poorly designed departure airport or a problematic flight plan.

Jay

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Steve,

Try one of the sample flight plans that come with VOXATC combined with a default P3d4 aircraft. What AI package are you using? If you read through the threads on this forum the FATAL ERROR at startup is usually related to either a poorly designed departure airport or a problematic flight plan.

Jay

Hi Jay, I used the VFR one and the IFR one from VOXATC, and...same failure. Seems the VADI.dll can't or won't install.

The error log:

Log Start 03/06/2018 15:59:07

FSUIPCInt init Start
FSUIPCInt init End
0 Ins Text set : Initializing
0 Prompt Text set : 
Unable to load DLL 'VADI.DLL': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.VADIInterface.Initialize()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.VADIInterface.VInitialize()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
0 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC
15:59:07.6406250 Current Position = 39.2944945938225 -94.7003832731501 1029.72295225078
ReceiveMessages failed.

Thanks for the suggestion...

BTW: I'm using SFX and their planes right now. Trying to keep it at just FSX generic.

Steve

Edited by srd

Are you sure that you downloaded the version for your simulator?

Tom

I think Tom is probably right. VADI.DLL handles the joystick controls for VOXATC.

Interesting thought...maybe that's why the joy stick program fails when I run it. As to the version I downloaded, I thought it was for Flight Sim X, but I will download the right one. Great thought!  Thanks for your help!

Steve

Well I checked my download, and it is for Flight Simulator X. I was thinking of downloading and trying version 6. I don't know if I can register it using my version 7 code, but it might be worth a try. What do you think?

Steve

That won't work. The VOXATC versions have different serial numbers. I didn't realize you were using FSX. You might want to consider P3d4 if your hardware can handle it.

I decided to uninstall version 7 and install version 6. Used a  simple fp I created last night and it worked just fine. So it would seem that version 7 has some issues with my computer. Now the question is, how do I register 6? You were right Jay, my version 7 code doesn't work on 6. I certainly don't want to pay again for an earlier version...even one that works. Thanks everyone for all the help and suggestions.

Steve

I don't think that you can buy V6 anymore. You could talk to RC Simulations but I don't think they will give you a refund or maybe V6 at a discount. You'll never know unless you ask.

I've got the same problem with 3 airports.

LICJ Palermo

EDNY Friedrichshaven and EDDS Stuttgart.

All other scenery works fine. Runway updater doesn't work for me either.

Leo de Haan

Scotland

Leo,

Are those either default or 3rd party airports? If one looks through the VOXATC subforum, it becomes evident that the causes of the initial FATAL ERROR message has to do with:

1. Faulty flight plans.

2. Faulty airport geometry.

3. Errors in either AI aircraft.cfg files and/or AI flight plans.

You could turn on the detailed debug logging in the VOXATC advanced settings and take a look the the more detailed error messages.