Sign in to follow this  
Victoroos

LOWI RNAV approaches & transitions & Stars

HI all

After a few brakes (4 months). I wanna get back into the simming again, and one thing is: do that what I never did (fly RNAV for example into LOWI, because well ORBX!)

I'm looking at the charts and Little Nav map, trying to figure out which to choose. Say, I fly from LOWW to LOWI, via LOWW  (an OSPEN start, no problems here!)OSPEN NANIT (I guess?:NANI1A) LOWI

I end at RTT, but then what?

There are two RNAV for both 08 and 26. Wind is calm and variable, so I guess 26 would make most sense seeing as I come from the East?

The only big difference I see in the RNAVs are that the missed approach of Z goes further West, and the E doesn't have one at all (or dives to the East immediately?)(edit:) and, oh: that the Z takes a different direction form the RTT hold than the E which follows the valley more?!

2: What if active is 08 without a doubt? ALl the RNAVs start at ELMEM? What do I do then? How do I get to Elmem? :D

Hope you can help

cheers

vic

This is all of course if there is no ATC still wanna do Vatsim!

Edited by Victoroos

Victor Roos

If you want do an RNAV app for 26, then you have two options, either RNAV (GNSS) E or RNAV (RNP) Z. The big difference is that the RNP approach requires special aircraft and aircrew authorization. So if your airplane is equipped to fly that approach, you would choose that one (notice that the minimums are lower for the RNP app).

For your second question, you are correct that there are no stars that ends at ELEM. So in that case, ATC would vector you to the correct fix, or you could a LOC app with circle to land that starts at RTT.

• Upvote 1

Marius S

aahh, I see what you mean now. I always put RNAV on one category, thanks for giving me more research ;).

and 2: Ah, okay, so I could do a direct of no aircraft or anything is there? and otherwise, yeah, LOC it is. Thanks!

Victor Roos

Now it's winter you'll have 11 year olds flying 380s down the valley every Saturday and Sunday on vatsim.  Makes a change from gib and fnc in the summer.  Roll on poscon 

14ppkc-6.png