Sign in to follow this  
roi1862

Volumetric fog brightness at night

yhh this looks better i bet its the tonemap night exposure key

Roi Ben

I think you are right. Tonemap did it better but still there. How will restore now the default sky textures ?

Roi Ben

In the settings option of ASCA, there is a button "Reset to Defaults". According to the user manual, this restores the textures to pre-ASCA state.

1 minute ago, Afterburner said:

In the settings option of ASCA, there is a button "Reset to Defaults". According to the user manual, this restores the textures to pre-ASCA state.

Ok did it but now its still bright just in different color :)  

If i will manually edit the bitmaps of the midnight textures and put it all in black ? i know that the upper left part is where the fog color coming from ?

Roi Ben

In default state, P3D has relatively bright clouds at night (this has been criticized by many users in the past). If you use PTA, there is a checkbox called "Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night". Have you tried it?

2 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

In default state, P3D has relatively bright clouds at night (this has been criticized by many users in the past). If you use PTA, there is a checkbox called "Reduce cloud brightness at dawn/dusk/night". Have you tried it?

Yes. clouds has nothing to do with it i guess...

Roi Ben

We used to have this problem (before PTA) with the clouds at night, yuri (aka Knossos) fixed it with PTA. We need whatever fix that is applied to the cloud shader to apply to the fog shader also

I would recommend to buy Envshade, which allows me to have pitch-dark nights with dark clouds and fog. It is payware, but only costs 5.60 Euro.

As long Envshade can promise altering the fog colors....

Roi Ben

Hi,

I did some testing to find out the cause. I first restored the default shaders, default sky textures and the default tonemap setting (0.13). This is what I got:

33mqyp0.jpg

As you can see, the fog is very bright, like in your case.

Next, I activated ENVSHADE. The clouds became darker, but not so much the fog:

3hh07.jpg

Then I let ASCA use ENVTEX night sky textures. Now I am getting a realistic darkness of the fog:

1zwf69u.jpg

To me, the sky textures are definitely the culprit. In this regard, if you don't want to buy new sky textures, it makes sense to "paint" the cloud texture files all black.

Edited by Afterburner
Replacing "skies" by "clouds"
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

Hi,

I did some testing to find out the cause. I first restored the default shaders, default sky textures and the default tonemap setting (0.13). This is what I got:

33mqyp0.jpg

As you can see, the fog is very bright, like in your case.

Next, I activated ENVSHADE. The clouds became darker, but not so much the fog:

3hh07.jpg

Then I let ASCA use ENVTEX night sky textures. Now I am getting a realistic darkness of the fog:

1zwf69u.jpg

To me, the sky textures are definitely the culprit. In this regard, if you don't want to buy new sky textures, it makes sense to "paint" the cloud texture files all black.

Thank you so much Afterburner ! well i tried to edit them in black it made a mass to the sim... all became white and such... 

Roi Ben

10 hours ago, Afterburner said:

How do you do this? Which settings do I have to choose?

thanks

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 minutes ago, guenseli said:

How do you do this? Which settings do I have to choose?

thanks

When you are in the settings menu of Envdir, you need to make sure that "ASCA Integration" is set to "ENVTEX Textures only":

qovx4z.png

Once done, click on the green "Install to Sim" button to the left. Of course, you need to have Sky Colors enabled in ASCA settings.

Let me know if it works.

1 hour ago, Afterburner said:

Let me know if it works.

Hello,

it works!

This setting was disabled after an update ... normally I use this also, but asn't aware, that it was disabled now.

many thanks for the hint!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester