Sign in to follow this  
Treetops45

Setting up XP-11 views to mimic P3D v4 Keyboard assignments??

I am currently flying P3D v4.1 & learning XP-11 via the demo module.

I intend to end up using both flight sims & am trying to get the Keyboard settings in XP-11 to be the same as those for P3D v4.1, where possible.

The idea being to be able to switch from one sim to the other without having to recall 'differences' in the controls.

At the moment I am focused on Views, & in P3D v4.1 keyboard Views, I have the S key set so that pushing it sequentially will cycle the View from Virtual Cockpit (Cockpit View), to Outside Spot, then Tower View & finally Angle view.

When I am on any of those primary Views, by hitting the A key sequentially  I can cycle through the sub-views associated with that primary  View. 

Shift + A will take me back 1 sub-view & Shift + S will take me back 1 primary view.

Is there any way to set the above structure up in XP-11 via Settings/Keyboard/Views?

So far I have not been able to find the ability to run a sequence of views by hitting the same key.

It appears that each view needs its own unique key stroke.

Thanks

T45

I have that an exact question. I think a file containing the P3Dv4 views settings could be applied to X-Plane. Who knows and how?

Patricio Valdes

On 3/6/2018 at 3:46 PM, Treetops45 said:

I am currently flying P3D v4.1 & learning XP-11 via the demo module.

I intend to end up using both flight sims & am trying to get the Keyboard settings in XP-11 to be the same as those for P3D v4.1, where possible.

The idea being to be able to switch from one sim to the other without having to recall 'differences' in the controls.

At the moment I am focused on Views, & in P3D v4.1 keyboard Views, I have the S key set so that pushing it sequentially will cycle the View from Virtual Cockpit (Cockpit View), to Outside Spot, then Tower View & finally Angle view.

When I am on any of those primary Views, by hitting the A key sequentially  I can cycle through the sub-views associated with that primary  View. 

Shift + A will take me back 1 sub-view & Shift + S will take me back 1 primary view.

Is there any way to set the above structure up in XP-11 via Settings/Keyboard/Views?

So far I have not been able to find the ability to run a sequence of views by hitting the same key.

It appears that each view needs its own unique key stroke.

Thanks

T45

1. Is there any way to set the above structure up in XP-11 via Settings/Keyboard/Views?

No

2. It appears that each view needs its own unique key stroke

Yes

In my opinion you will get far more out of X-Plane by using the settings provided rather than trying to make it  like P3D or FSX or whatever. It's just a different beast and does things differently You could try and search for a plugin that let's you cycle views. Or maybe your joystick/throttle controller has software that will let you do that? Also and it depends on your keyboard but you could setup a macro that when pressing 'S' it cycles through the keyboard shortcuts you are talking about.

Did you see this?  https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/15665-cycle-views/

Stick with XP's view handling. It's just so much better than the one in MSFS.

I really like the quick views (CTRL+[Number on numpad] to assign, [Number on numpad] to use) as they make 2D panels superfluous and the transitions are cool.
And the free camera ("C" key) is really useful.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

9 hours ago, Celis said:

Go to keyboard menu on X-Plane and at the bottom, select FSX from the dropdown list. now you have the keys as fsx. not sure about the views, but all other key should be the same

I can't find it in XP11. Goto keyboard and at the bottom I don't see FSX listed. Am I missing something?

Patricio Valdes

Alex, I really enjoyed your clip and what a plane, amazing flight. I will check on XP11 view settings to find FSX profile. Many thanks

• Like 1

Patricio Valdes

22 hours ago, trisho0 said:

now you have the keys as fsx.

Like what? Number keypad from keyboard doing nothing. Spacer+mouse, and "S" so far doing nothing. Still XP11 same keyboard settings. Maybe XP11 is looking for FSX settings file which doesn't exist until we place one in somewhere?

Patricio Valdes

I've never used that feature, it wasn't there until X-Plane 11, so my guess is that it works for basic stuff, flaps, engines. That's why I posted that not sure if it will work with views. 

I use voiceattack, so I don't need to remember all the keys for every sim.

https://voiceattack.com

Edited by Celis

Try it, I think it's wortht it. When I switched to X-Plane 4 or 5 years ago, one of the things that immediately impressed me was the ease of view controls.

Being able to look around in the cockpit with the mouse without having to use two hands (another for the space bar), and having the option to quickly access 10 (now 20 in XP11) freely configurable cockpit views per aircraft without needing an addon like EZDOK were the biggest "wow" factors. 😊

Have to agree the XP view system is far better than FSX/P3D. I use the SimpleCam program in P3D because it actually imitates the XP view system (ability to assign Numpad keys to specific views).  🙂

Make a small investment in X-Camera.  It has the capabilities of Chaseplane and much much more.  Keyboard assignments are very easy.  Wouldn't be a problem at all to assign the "a" and "s" keys to advance views.  At the same time, you can setup many categories of views, each with it's own set of cameras.

• Like 1

Jeff Callender

Really? Shift plus 4 for interior and then shift plus 9 for exterior view is easier than simply right clicking your mouse and having a menu come up with most views accessible ?

• Like 2

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png