Sign in to follow this  
jimh

New User - A couple of Queries?

Hi,

I'm just learning LNM's capabilities.  I'm very impressed and also confess I've only skimmed through the manual.

1.  I use P3D 4.2 and would like to know the difference between  a .pln and a clean.pln, and is it significant since I use the saved .pln file only for PF3's ATC.

2.  I have airac1611 in both P3D and LNM, and use the F1GTN750 for navigation.  I'm curious about why .gfp plans still generate locked waypoints in the GTN750?

This is mere curiousity as I've already found the tick box in LNM Options which takes care of this problem completely.

I've quickly become very enthusiastic about this program!

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Jim,

1. The clean PLN contains no annotations about procedures which allow LNM to reload them. Some programs (currently only the EFB as far as I know) are not capable to deal with these although the simulators and most other programs can. Normally you do not need the clean PLN export.

2. This should not happen if the AIRAC cycles really match. Do you have examples? Flight plans? Do you use fsAerodata?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your interest.

1.  With your explanation I'll use the simple .pln in future.

2. Two threads below this one, Dane's problem with airacs was identical to mine.  I did as Dane did, installing fsAerodata airac1611 into P3D 4.2.

Two plans:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0mdyvzjpnrf1k0/IFR Cork (EICK) to El Prat (LEBL).pln?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/smazoy5iy2uvzwk/EICK-LEBL.gfp?dl=0

Regards, Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Hi Jim,

I found the problem why the GTN still complains about the flight plan. For example the leg TIRAV -> MANAK is traveling against a one-way airway segment. This can happen since fsAerodata cannot put the one-way information into the BGLs. There is simply no way to put this into BGL. Also, the upper altitude restrictions are missing for the same reason. Therefore LNM can calculate invalid flight plans if the used data is not complete.

A LNM Navigraph database 1611 would help.

Alex

Edited by albar965

Hi Alex,

1 hour ago, albar965 said:

A LNM Navigraph database 1611 would help.

Is there a way to get FSADAIRAC1611 into LNM?

Jim

I've just checked.  They specifically state that they keep only the latest airac on their server, and do not in any circumstances provide older versions.

It's not a big problem for me as LNM can calculate an Airway route.  I can then delete waypoints less than 10nm apart (this is to suit PF3).  With the relevant box ticked in Options, I can save the resulting plan as .gfp.

With the above done, P3D is happy to fly the route using the F1GTN750, and PF3 is equally happy to help me fly it.

Like Dane said in another thread, I'm not a purist.  I'm a life long sailor whose brief flying career was ended by a heart attack, and so have flown only a computer in a light hearted way ever since.

I'm definitely committed to Little Navmap from now on.

Regards, Jim

Yeh. Suspected that they do not like to offer older cycles. This could be a lot of support work, I can imagine.

Sorry, to hear about the heart attack.

Enjoy flying

Alex

Thanks, Alex.  It's way behind me now.  I'm happy with the flying i can do, and delighted to have found LMN, and to be one of your supporters!  I'm really surprised I haven't come across LMN long ago.  You must do more advertising! :wink:

Jim

• Like 1