Sign in to follow this  
vhrob

Reloaded flight not same as saved.

I recently started Tut 2 and after programming the FMC and all steps up to preparing to start the engines I saved the flight using the usual FSX menu..

When I loaded it this morning to continue, the engines were running, many of the previous system settings had changed and the all the flight plan data had disappeared. Only the fuel was the same! The tutorial says saving the flight will save ALL the current state. 

Not happy. What have I not done?

Rob Stevenson

Sorry, forgot to tick "Notify me of replies".

Rob

11 hours ago, vhrob said:

What have I not done?

Running the sim as an admin?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I just run it from the Steam start page.

Are you saying that PMDG panel state and FMC will not be saved unless I have launched FSX  by way of right clicking the FSX exe file and electing to run as Administrator?

Rob

3 minutes ago, vhrob said:

Are you saying that PMDG panel state and FMC will not be saved unless I have launched FSX  by way of right clicking the FSX exe file and electing to run as Administrator?

Correct. Programs in general cannot save files unless they have the proper permissions.

Kyle Rodgers

You can go to the fsx.exe file, right click, go to compatibility options and select rum as admin there. Then it should start as admin even if you do it via steam. 

Ok, thank you both for the assistance.