Sign in to follow this  
BuddyDog

How to silence the Navaid Morse code?

I have moved on to P3D v4.2 and have the NGX installed.  I do not use the default ATC in P3D.

Since flying the NGX, I keep hearing the Morse code for the Localizer ( I guess) when I am sitting at a gate at departure or starting my approach.  What the heck do I need to do to turn it off?  What dial/ switch on the radio stack kills it?  It is really bugging me.

Thanks

Stephen Forsgren

Make sure the MKR button on the radio stack isn't illuminated. That might not fix the issue you’re having, come to think of it.

Edited by mwilk

NAX669.png

9 hours ago, mwilk said:

Make sure the MKR button on the radio stack isn't illuminated. That might not fix the issue you’re having, come to think of it.

If your confused (don't be ashamed, I didn't figure out what the MKR buttons did for the longest time) these are the buttons below the radio frequencies that have arrows on them. When you depress the buttons they light up indicating that they will be broadcasting the radio signal for the associated frequency into your headset. The lower left two buttons on the right are for the NAV broadcast (there are two of them). If your NAV-1 radio is tuned to the ILS (or any VOR) and the NAV-1 MKR button is depressed (illuminated) the Morse code for that ILS or VOR will be broadcast. 

I think turning off the NAV 1 & NAV 2 MKR buttons would turn off the broadcast.

One useful thing that I often use in this set of buttons - you can tune your COM2 radio to ATIS and flip on the VHF-2 button to hear both ATC and ATIS communications simultaneously, or turn off VHF1 and turn on VHF2 without changing radio frequencies.

First pic in this link:
http://www.b737.org.uk/communications.htm

• Upvote 1