Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

PMDG 747-400 overspeed

Hello

I updated to P3D v4.2 from v4.1 as well as update the PMDG 747-400 from Control Center

Flying is fine except during descent I get wailing sound "overspeed" and displayed on EICAS.

The problem is I would be at 250, 200, 190, 180 with the correct flap positions when the overspeed comes up. Even with deploying drag.

Did anybody experience the same problem.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

What are you using for weather?  ASP4?  What about the speed tape, does it indicate that you are on the red bricks when the EICAS message appears?  You listed four speeds and said "correct flap position," please expand. More data.

PS:  Bill, your signature from your local c: drive is not going to be used by AVSIM. 

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi For this particular flight I did not weather. I used default P3D v4 fair weather.

What I meant by the speeds is when I got over speed indication I used a combination of flaps and speed to slow down the Aircraft to these speeds yet still I was getting over speed.

I believe the speed tape did not show the red bricks

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

16 hours ago, nhagag said:

What I meant by the speeds is when I got over speed indication I used a combination of flaps and speed to slow down the Aircraft to these speeds yet still I was getting over speed.

I believe the speed tape did not show the red bricks

Full names here please Bill, it's a PMDG thing.

You should not need to use flaps to slow down, in fact you shouldn't drop a flap setting until reaching that settings bug on the speed tape.  Are you coming in too high by chance?  You may want to look at what is happening before you get to the point where you are too fast.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP