Sign in to follow this  
Kebas53

Future Request Airport Transition Altitude / Transition Level

Hi Alex,

As a nearly new user I like this program very much!!

Have tried many different programs before.

I'm mostly flying GA aircraft.

I'd like to have the transition altitude / transition level airport information added.

This is useful to set the correct altimeter settings.

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

Hello Alex,

small demand: 
are the transition heights already integrated?

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Yup. It is already in the Navigraph data (I passed the updated compiler to them some time ago) and the next version of LNM (currently beta) can display it.

P3D or X-Plane do not provide this information.

Alex

07YPqiA.png

OK thanks, so nothing for p3d 😪

kind regards, ggerolamo

Ok, but I have not such INFO in the airport tab !?

What am I doing wrong ?

...latest beta-version: 2.0.1b

...latest AIRAC:1805

any help welcome

greetings

Gerolamo

kind regards, ggerolamo

I see. 1805 was not compiled using the latest compiler I sent to Navigraph because I sent it two days after the cycle was released. Sorry, have to wait for 1806.

Alex

Thanks a lot 🙂

kind regards, ggerolamo

I know, very old thread but still relevant, at least to me 😉

I understand that to have the Transition Altitude you have to select "Use Navigraph..." in Scenery Library and that's working fine.
However, as I want my FPL generated by LNM to be as close as possible to the AIRAC used my MSFS as I don't use Navigraph (I have no subscription). But of course I then loose the Transition Altitude. Would it be possible to have the option to display the Transition Altitude, even from 1801, in case we're not using Navigraph in the Scenery Library?

Cheers,
Luc

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

8 hours ago, seahorse said:

I understand that to have the Transition Altitude you have to select "Use Navigraph..." in Scenery Library and that's working fine.
However, as I want my FPL generated by LNM to be as close as possible to the AIRAC used my MSFS as I don't use Navigraph (I have no subscription). But of course I then loose the Transition Altitude. Would it be possible to have the option to display the Transition Altitude, even from 1801, in case we're not using Navigraph in the Scenery Library?

Hi Luc,

sorry, mixed display of navdata (Navblue and Navigraph) is not allowed.

Alex

On 5/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, seahorse said:

But of course I then loose the Transition Altitude.

The "workaround" is: switching to Navigraph during flight planning phase, checking TA at departure airport, checking TLs at destination and alternates airports, switching back into simulator database.
TA/TL are usually used during departure and arrive phase, so IMHO it's enough check these once before takeoff 🙂

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).

@ppgasYes I was thinking of doing that but it would have been easier to have it imported from Navdata while using MSFS scenery data. I guess if I switch back to MSFS scenery just before Calculating Flightplan then everything should work out fine?
I'll have to check again but I have a feeling that with the FBW A32nx it's filled out automatically in the MCDU even when I don't
have Navdata.
Cheers,
Luc

Edited by seahorse

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX