Sign in to follow this  
Robert3512

Wheel well lights inop?

The PMDG 737NGX I have in P3D v4.2 has been spouting some minor issues, mainly with the wheel well light being inop. No matter how I flick the switch, neither the wheel well nor the ground lights up at light. All the other lights work fine though. Unfortunately I have no idea how to reproduce this, as it appears randomly, and on both the -800 and -900 models.

I think this is related to livery selected, not sure.  Not a frequent user of wheel well lights, in fact I think I tried them once to see how they look and never tried again.  Mainly used when doing walk around at night, and I let the FO do those;)

Dan Downs KCRP

Wheel well lights in a simulator?  In that case better make sure the fire warning light in the wheel well works also, and the fire bottle pressure gauges, and the hydraulic reservoir quantity gauges, and the NGS status lights along with all that other stuff you will never look at in a simulator.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Robert3512 said:

Ok, the wheel well lights in the NGX are actually simulated, so it's supposed to work. 

I’d prefer they spend the resources fixing things that actually matter while flying the airplane, such as the master caution light.

• Upvote 1

Well, if it's simulated then it should work and matter, otherwise why would they simulate it in the first place? Eye candy and external realism are just as important as flight dynamics.