Sign in to follow this  
funkyhut1

2D Pop-up Aspect Ratio

I've searched this forum with all and words in the title of this post and come up blank.
I've also asked this question before and it was answered.

In the recent update of the 747-400 on P3d I somehow lost my settings for the pop outs. I'm running a 3440 x 1440 monitor. When I pop out the 2D panels they are way too wide and too short.
I had that fixed from advice provided by some kind person on this forum but for the life of me I can't find the answer again.

I have set Wide-view Aspect Ratio on the graphics page and tried several resolution settings but no luck.
Is there somewhere in the configuration where I can change it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris Stanley VTCC

17 minutes ago, funkyhut1 said:

I've searched this forum with all and words in the title of this post and come up blank.
I've also asked this question before and it was answered.

In the recent update of the 747-400 on P3d I somehow lost my settings for the pop outs. I'm running a 3440 x 1440 monitor. When I pop out the 2D panels they are way too wide and too short.
I had that fixed from advice provided by some kind person on this forum but for the life of me I can't find the answer again.

I have set Wide-view Aspect Ratio on the graphics page and tried several resolution settings but no luck.
Is there somewhere in the configuration where I can change it?

Thanks for any assistance.

Chris.

Try the following.

Got to {P3D}\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 747-400\panel. Rename the panel.cfg to panel.back and rename the panel.cfg_21_9 to panel.cfg. Does this solve the issue

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

That did it.
Thanks very much Chris. You PMDG folks really are GREAT!

Chris Stanley VTCC

You can also use your mouse on any pop up 2D panel to undock it, then resize it to the shape you want using the left mouse button on the edge of the pop-up display and finally  position it where you want it displayed on your screen.  This works really well with the PFD, ND,  EFIS,  MCP  and FMC's and if you save the scenario they should not alter in size or position the next time you load the same view and use their pop-up feature.

Bertie Goddard