Sign in to follow this  
newtie

AI commands

Hi all-

I've got a couple of questions regarding AI in P3D and how it's managed.

My essential question is what determines what AI lands at what airport at what time, and can that be controlled at individual airports versus globally with the slider. The reason I ask is I fly pretty regularly into KSFO (I live nearby) from KLAX, KPHX and KSEA and on approach I see AI taking off and landing at KOAK and KSJC, airports that I never fly into. Add to the mix ORBX Northern CA and my system starts showing the strain. I'd like to selectively stop or reduce AI into nearby airports if that's possible.

Before leaving for work this morning I did a cursory search and saw TrafficTools in the SDK and also ADE but no sure if either of these can be brought into the conversation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

I'd suggest you look for aifp3 where you can open traffic bgl files, and see which planes fly where. There are some videos on you tube on how to use it, and you can start making your own flightplans.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Or use a traffic limiter.  FSUIPC has one and the old Traffic Optimizer tool found in the forums here still works.   I went back to Traffic Optimizer since it seemed like FSUIPC eliminated too many aircraft from Dep airport.  These tools will let you limit the number of aircraft in the reality bubble.  

But Orbx NA NC and SC will strain even a high end system.  Even going into Orbx settings and removing windmills, light poles, marine traffic etc still hurts it.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Hi Jason-

I tried the latest version of FSUIPC traffic limiter for V2 but got micro stutters. 

A couple of days ago, I bought SuperTrafficBoard which has a built in AI optimizing routine. I'm still getting that up and running as I have a ticket in with FlyingW. Pretty amazing to see the aircraft landing reflected on the board. At any rate, we'll see how that goes.

3 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Jason-

I tried the latest version of FSUIPC traffic limiter for V2 but got micro stutters. 

A couple of days ago, I bought SuperTrafficBoard which has a built in AI optimizing routine. I'm still getting that up and running as I have a ticket in with FlyingW. Pretty amazing to see the aircraft landing reflected on the board. At any rate, we'll see how that goes.

Mark-

I have SuperTraffic Board as well.  It can eliminate aircraft from nearby airports in close proximity and ai aircraft individually but will not eliminate large numbers of AI outside your proximity bubble.   This is probably what you are looking for.  You can set number of aircraft within XX sq miles.  

This is it until Simbol puts out his AI Traffic tool.   But this works in the meantime.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

I'd suggest you take a look at PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic.

Nico

Haven't heard of that but I'll certainly take a look.

Thanks,

Mark

57 minutes ago, kiek said:

Nico

I just went over to the live stream at KLAX.

Aircraft were taxiing through other aircraft.

Uh, is this normal for this app? :>)

49 minutes ago, newtie said:

I just went over to the live stream at KLAX.

Aircraft were taxiing through other aircraft.

Uh, is this normal for this app? :>)

Every now and then there are a few foibles with the way some aircraft manoeuvre.

I highly recommend that you use the trial version of RealTraffic (limit of 3x 5 minutes every 24 hours) with the PSX traffic app at a large and busy airport. You will be able to judge for yourself whether you like it enough to purchase a licence.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm going to get this underway this weekend. It looks to have some pretty substantial potential. I also went to the RealTraffic site and it looks like a one month licenses is ten bucks. Pretty reasonable.

On another note, I've looked at the docs and was wondering if you had any difficulty setting this up?

Thanks,

Mark

2 hours ago, kiek said:

Nico

I second this! It's an absolute joy to see real live traffic in the sim. 

Sante Sottile

The documentation can initially appear daunting. However, if you follow the PSX step-by-step guide and forgo some of the more intricate options, you can set it all up quite easily.

Any issues, go to the PSX forum:
http://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/819-psxseecontraffic-for-fsx-p3d/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Excellent and thank you.

Looks like my weekend project is underway.

Cheers,

Mark