Sign in to follow this  
Rusty Gunz

Map names in foreign language

What a fantastic add-on for FSX!  Every time I use it, I learn something new about it's functionalities.  I'm just blown away by the intricacies of this program.  That's why I made my contribution.

I do have one question/issue: is there a way to have the city/landscape names, etc. displayed in English rather than the language of the country shown on the map?  I can do fair with French and some Spanish.  My Japanese, Russian, Portuguese (and the rest) language skills are non-existent.

I can live without it, but it sure would be handy to find, say, Tokyo without having to resort the the airport code.

Thanks.

Ken Lamoreaux

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Hi Ken,

thank you for the nice words.

The names cannot be changed for the online maps since these are pre-rendered image tiles from free services.

But the Stamen Terrain map theme shows English names. You can also use one of the offline maps which also show English.

Alex

A85OAlU.png

Edited by albar965
Added image

Thanks, again, Alex.  That's exactly what I wanted!  BTW, that sound you hear is my mind being blown once again.

Ken

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic
"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC: 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB OC
CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro H.O.T.A.S.
Logitech MFD and Radio Panel Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

9 hours ago, Rusty Gunz said:

Thanks, again, Alex.  That's exactly what I wanted!  BTW, that sound you hear is my mind being blown once again.

Ken

Yeah, I have to agree.  I switched from another program that is payware and Little Navmap is just so much nicer to use, is updated often and looks great!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale