Good day all.

We are making good strides towards adding support for the recently released QW 787. It is about to enter Beta testing.

We call on existing MCE users to help us expedite the testing process.

We think it's fair to ask you because this will be delivered as a free update like many others before.

And will allow us to move to other aircraft quicker.

Thank you

53 minutes ago, luttes72 said:

Any news or update on the p3dv4.2 version?

I'm not aware of a P3D version released for QW 787 yet. Could you clarify?

6 hours ago, ozflyer said:

ETA on MCE release for QW 787 P3D v4.2 ?

We were about to release new package that supports QW 787 tomorrow or Saturday.

But only handles FSX so far.

It will be some time before support is extended to P3D V4.2

On 5/25/2018 at 7:15 PM, FS++ said:

Any MCE user has the aircraft for P3D V4 already?

Yes, I just bought it. I have only just made my first flight with the 787 - so still need to learn the aircraft. I did a really quick test with MCE and the co-pilot to see what would happen, and the co-pilot is able to control some basic functionality. This includes setting flaps, altitude, the transponder frequency, taxi light, beacon. Presumably any controls that are set up in a standard way.  But of course he can't do things that must be more customised by Quality Wings (eg seatbelt signs, autobrake settings, landing lights etc).

7 hours ago, randomravings said:

Yes, I just bought it. I have only just made my first flight with the 787 - so still need to learn the aircraft. I did a really quick test with MCE and the co-pilot to see what would happen, and the co-pilot is able to control some basic functionality. This includes setting flaps, altitude, the transponder frequency, taxi light, beacon. Presumably any controls that are set up in a standard way.  But of course he can't do things that must be more customised by Quality Wings (eg seatbelt signs, autobrake settings, landing lights etc).

A new MCE version was uploaded yesterday.

FO should be able to handle pretty much anything, including ECL in FSX. Should work in P3D V4 as well, except maybe for ECL handling.

See this thread on QW forum (must be registered)

Just update to latest MCE V2.7.6.2 and report whatever is missing.

• Upvote 1

On 5/27/2018 at 7:57 PM, FS++ said:

A new MCE version was uploaded yesterday.

FO should be able to handle pretty much anything, including ECL in FSX. Should work in P3D V4 as well, except maybe for ECL handling.

See this thread on QW forum (must be registered)

Just update to latest MCE V2.7.6.2 and report whatever is missing.

Hi. So I installed the new version. One thing I noticed is that during installation the QW787 aircraft co-pilot flows were installed in my MCE installation folders, but not in the My Documents MCE folders, so I had to copy them over.

I'm also getting a very strange bug - after starting MCE the MCP, CDU and standby altimeter panels all go blank (I tried this in both the 787-8 and 787-9, with the identical effect). The CDU still seems to work, as if I open it as a pop-up, you can see the information that should be displayed and program it, but for some reason all these screens go blank after MCE loads and nothing I try gets them to switch on / display. I've not seen this before with MCE. Hoping you can shed some light. 

54 minutes ago, randomravings said:

Hi. So I installed the new version. One thing I noticed is that during installation the QW787 aircraft co-pilot flows were installed in my MCE installation folders, but not in the My Documents MCE folders, so I had to copy them over.

I'm also getting a very strange bug - after starting MCE the MCP, CDU and standby altimeter panels all go blank (I tried this in both the 787-8 and 787-9, with the identical effect). The CDU still seems to work, as if I open it as a pop-up, you can see the information that should be displayed and program it, but for some reason all these screens go blank after MCE loads and nothing I try gets them to switch on / display. I've not seen this before with MCE. Hoping you can shed some light. 

Sorry, forgot to tell you to run the wizard. It's the latter that copies flows to \My Documents\ folder.

Could be a bad dll.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder and check you have "mcqw787.dll" file there.

I assume you didn't manually copy the file over.

For now, rename the file to something like "no-mcqw787.dll" so that P3D doesn't load it.

Will get back to you ASAP.

7 hours ago, FS++ said:

Sorry, forgot to tell you to run the wizard. It's the latter that copies flows to \My Documents\ folder.

Could be a bad dll.

Go to \Prepar3D v4\MCE dlls\ folder and check you have "mcqw787.dll" file there.

I assume you didn't manually copy the file over.

For now, rename the file to something like "no-mcqw787.dll" so that P3D doesn't load it.

Will get back to you ASAP.

Hi. Ah yes - forgot to run the App Wizard - done now.

Yes, the mcqw787.dll was in the P3Dv4 MCE dll folder. I disabled it as suggested and now the QW787 works as normal with all screens / MCP displaying normally after loading MCE. The copilot can still look after basic controls (as previously) but not the complex overhead buttons, presumably because that's what the dll facilitates. Cheers.

11 hours ago, randomravings said:

Hi. Ah yes - forgot to run the App Wizard - done now.

Yes, the mcqw787.dll was in the P3Dv4 MCE dll folder. I disabled it as suggested and now the QW787 works as normal with all screens / MCP displaying normally after loading MCE. The copilot can still look after basic controls (as previously) but not the complex overhead buttons, presumably because that's what the dll facilitates. Cheers.

Indeed.

Could you please contact support, so I can send you a file. Thanks