Sign in to follow this  
dmarques69

11.20 coming to final

Laminar just posted this http://www.x-plane.com/2018/03/new-aircraft-x-plane-11-20-aerolite-103/

So get ready for an update with fixes, blows and maybe new airports!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

21 minutes ago, olderndirt said:

Why am I nervous?

ahahah dont be my friend, from my experience P3D updates are way more dangerous than XP, from a addon perspective!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Yes P3D as some issues. Every time I installed an aircraft or Orbx scenery it work fine however, the next day when I tried to start P3D it ask for registration. Finally, one day it refused my registration. I had registration issues with all the previous versions of P3D that I own.This time I got fed up and just deleted everything. Maybe one day I will re-install P3D,But for now, I am quite satisfied with  X-Plane 11.

• Upvote 1

Ah well. I think most already tried it by being in the beta channel.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

14 hours ago, olderndirt said:

Why am I nervous?

Ah, the excitement and apprehension of patch day... :laugh:

• Like 1

That was included with VR1 beta (alpha?). Besides, nowhere on that page (or any other) does it say or even hint that 11.20 is nearing Final.

Yeah, I'm nervous as well.  Lately, new updates have meant big changes, some of which make for problems with third party addons.  Hopefully, most of this is just VR stuff.

I am quite looking forward to the ultralight, though.  I have some hours in a couple of Kolbs, and this looks quite similar.  

Good let's move on to more non VR stuff!  Blah!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I agree, not everyone has the VR stuff,  X-Plane 11 needs Vulkan support, shorter loading times, better ATC for a start.

• Like 1

Still on the fence about getting XP11...someone talk me into it ... ;-)

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Boomer said:

Still on the fence about getting XP11...someone talk me into it ... ;-)

It's the Best Flight Simulator Ever!

Nothing comes even close to it...

I love it....

( the above exclamations are usually valid for periods not exceeding 12h... )

Anyway, now that I finally found a decent, attractive, beautifully modelled A320, the FF A320, and also a freeware ATC robot ( 124thATC ) as well as a great "pushback" add-on - BetterPushback - I guess XP11 will stay in my rig forever, or maybe until XP12 get's released ...

I am also interested in playing around with plane maker, and see if I can create an helicopter ACF and use a friends Blender-based 3d model with it.

You can't go wrong Boomer - even the Bf 109 by MDLAG is a nice replacement for my old DCS and IL2 toys :-)

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

I am also interested in playing around with plane maker, and see if I can create an helicopter ACF and use a friends Blender-based 3d model with it.

You can't go wrong Boomer - even the Bf 109 by MDLAG is a nice replacement for my old DCS and IL2 toys :-)

If you start playing with Plane Maker, maybe you could also explore how to improve the weathervaning/ground handling issues, maybe starting from the gliders you have experience with. Have you studied the Bf109 to see how is it made?

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Boomer, if you do not have a  fast computer with at least 16gigs of ram and a fast video card then forget it. But if you do, it is well worth it. There are so many free plugins,scenery, airports, ortho4xp, HD mesh ver. 4, and the list go on. I enjoy it so much now that I have deleted P3D, FSX  and all  of my purchase addons including Orbx, PMDG, Active Sky and the list go's on. This is my system specification: Intel i7-4790k running @ 4.6Ghz,  32 gigs of DDR4 ram, GTX 1070 and Windows 10.